Who cares when I’m sick

Felt terrible yesterday thought I’d caught a chill the pool at the gym was really cold and then I walked out on the hills, but the most awful thing when I huddled up in bed was who cares now if I’m sick my husband was always lovely and spoilt me rotten although he was always careful not to get too close !! and I lost him in august last year and mum may have cared but I lost her in January last year so I’m just having whatever is in the house and staying in bed, luckily the lft is negative but it made me think how alone I am now and have to be self resilient hopefully on the mend xx

3 Likes

Hi, I share your concerns and being on your own makes bad days feel even worse. I hope tomorrow you will feel a little better but it does make you think how to be more resilient. During the worst of the pandemic I was over cautious and I suppose I still am but being poorly on your own is not good. Remember we are always here for you. Snuggle up in bed and keep warm. S xxx

3 Likes

Hi @MAB,

Sorry you are poorly and unfortunately can relate totally. I too aren’t feeling great as have now developed covid so have to self isolate on my and like you have never felt so alone.

I know you are feeling pretty :poop: but are you being nice to yourself as even if you are on your own you are still important even though you probably can’t see it just now.

Be nice to yourself and wishing you a speedy recovery,

Suzanne x

2 Likes

I can sympathise as I have heart problems, arthritis and chronic illness and my lovely Rob cared for me and was always there for me. I had to ring 111 last month as had a bad angina attack and they asked was anyone there with me…of course that set me off crying which made my angina worse. Living on your own with ill health is horrible. . Rob passed suddenly and unexpectedly 2 weeks before Christmas and he always said he’d always be there for me and never let anything bad happen to me :cry: The pain is awful and it’s hard accepting he’s gone.

3 Likes

I feel your anguish on being unwell and no one to take care of you. This week has been one year anniversary of my husband dying and yesterday I tested, Positive for covid.
This morning when I got up felt very flu like and it brought home there is no here to look out for me or just make a cup of tea. That’s when the reality of you are on your own now really hits home.
I have grown up family that look out for me but it’s not the same.
Hope you feel better soon

3 Likes

Hope everyone is recovering I too tested positive for Covid last week and did not feel so good It is at times like this when your other half used. to gives you support and this you miss greatly .Cannot keep relying on your family they have their own lives that’s keep them busy. Have to keep going somehow.

3 Likes

I too tested for covid last week. I stayed in bed for 3 days, but having to get up to get a drink, take my meds (l have heart and pancreas problems) get something to eat, feed the cat etc. When all l wanted to do is lie there. Having no one to care for me when l got ill was my worst nightmare. My darling wife who was a nurse who passed away 3 days before Christmas would have looked after me as l would have done if she was ill. You just have to keep going but it is not easy.
I miss my wife so so much.

4 Likes

I lost my wife of 43 years in December last who was a qualified Nurse for 34 years. It was very sudden - her heart stopped in front of me. I was helpless but tried my best with cpr. My wife went through the mill for decades with Multiple Sclerosis and also Cancer a battle she won. I would have hated her to have gone through what I have been through these last 3 months. My wife had enough to do coping with every day life let alone grief. I have gone through Christmas alone (no kids) her Birthday and our Wedding Anniversary so far. To say each day is difficult is an understatement. I Pray nightly that I do not wake up. Trying to keep busy but it does not help. Take care all.

3 Likes

So difficult.Keeping busy doesn’t alleviate grief,I think it just gives us some distractions.I think some think that keeping busy is the answer.I wish the was.However it is worth trying things.If you are up to walking ,this can be calming .I like a treat with it,a lovely view or a trip to a bakery /cafe for lunch,sitting in a bench breathing fresh air.Little things can help us through.Hope you find small pleasures.

4 Likes