Why can’t I cry?

Hi, my mum passed away 3 days ago. I spent 24 hours by her side, held her as she passed away. I’m someone who cry’s at anything and everything happy/sad/sentimental!!! I have barely been able to shed a tear since I lost her. I know it will come. Why am I not able to cry? Can anyone share at what point they did? I had cared for her, have POA so I have all her affairs ready to sort out, so it’s not that I’m busy with all the processes dealing with her passing.

Hi
My dear you are in shock, you must look after yourself. This numbness is very normal. I am so sorry for your loss and it is beyond pain at this early stage. One step at a time, you will deal with all that is necessary. Tears will come when perhaps you least expect. .

I couldn’t cry for weeks, not at all at my husband’s funeral. When they came they brought relief, nature’s way to deal with the agony.

Thank you. This makes a great deal of sense. It helps so much to know it’s normal. I’m always so in touch my my feelings until now. So very sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. I can’t begin to imagine the impact on you.