Why cant i cry

I lost my mum 3 weeks ago and i havent been able to cry properly. She had been ill for many years and recently declined massively but i just cant cry. Does this make me an awful person?

1 Like

Please don’t worry about how you are feeling. How people react to a parent’s death varies by person and changes over the course of time. My siblings and I all reacted differently to my Dad’s death. I cried a lot and have a lot of anxiety, and my younger sister was more numb and shocked. 3 weeks is a very short space of time and you might be in denial and struggling to accept what has happened. You might cry when it hits you as time passes. Really sorry for your loss :heart:

1 Like

Hi Alison,
I’m so sorry for your loss, it’s heartbreaking, I lost my Mum on the 26th of April….and I’m exactly the same I can’t cry, not properly, I well up when i talk about her or look at her picture’s but I can’t break Down, ……everyone’s grief is different, your probably still in shock and disbelief…which is how I’m feeling…a sense that it’s not real.
But please don’t think that you’re an awful person for not crying……try and look after yourself as that’s what you’re Mum would have wanted,
Please take care,
Chris :pray:

1 Like