Why does it seem worse

I lost the love of my life September 2020 and yes that first year was horrendous and I had some very dark days .
I had a spell where I was feeling as if I was picking up and getting on with my life ( not that I was going out ) and managing to get through days without crying and feeling sorry for myself .
Today I feel as if right back at square one feeling really down ,emotional and isolated. It could be that Iv had a bad spell with my mum and to cut a long story short we were both at crisis point and I had to request emergency respite for my mum . She’s been in care now for two weeks and had potential one more week left . Iv been to see her today and she had a panic attack I. The early hours of this morning ( this is what the respite has been all about ) because she’s getting panicky about returning home soon and being on her own at night .
I don’t know if all of this is making me feel the way I am and still somewhat exhausted by it and not having anyone to talk to , Rob was a mental health nurse and he would know exactly how to do the right thing and I can’t ask him .
Thanks for reading take care any advice will be greatly received xxx

Hello @Kazzer, I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your partner. I think many of our members will relate to what you’re going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share our Bereavement information with you. https://www.sueryder.org/how-we-can-help/bereavement-information. It may help you to make sense of what you’re experiencing right now.

Thank you for sharing and please do keep reaching out, you’re not alone.

Take care
Seaneen

In times of crisis you will miss your partner the most. Its a normal response. I have had the same. You now know that you can get through it again after starting to feel better before. You will be ok again soon. Keep talking on here and reach out to friends and family. People just forget or don’t realise how difficult t is and just need a nudge again for support. Take care

1 Like