Why 😭 I didn't bury my dad

My dad’s wishes was to be buried with my
Oldest son his grandson Nathan
But as there was no Life insurance
And I looked after and lived with him
I was his baby girl he was my king my everything :heart:
I was dad’s next of kin there was no one

To help I wanted my dad to come home he looked beautiful iwas proud he was my dad I pushed people who was once close away without even knowing
Now 2 years later I’m sat with my dad’s ashes iferl like I failed him :broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart:

Dear @Sorry12345

Welcome to the Community. You have have not failed your father. You did what was right for you at the time due to the circumstances. I am sorry you have carried this guilt for the last 2 years. This is hard on you.

Have you thought about contacting the Cemetery where your grandson is buried and inter the ashes in the existing grave? This is a way of bringing your dad and grandson together. You could then hold a graveside service and your dad has had his wishes to be with your grandson.

Alternatively if that is not possible you could ask the Cemetery if you could scatter the ashes on the grave. Some Cemeteries will not allow this though.

Take Care.

Pepsi

1 Like

Hi thanks for your reply
It is my oldest son not grandson
He were my dad’s grandson xx
It’s all a cost and I don’t have any savings
Our job but to my mental health
But maybe in future plans thqnksxxxx

Dear @Sorry12345

Please accept my apologies, I hope this did not cause you any stress.

Take Care.

Pepsi xx

No thanks xx

1 Like

You definitely didn’t fail your Dad, I think you’ve done everything anyone could ask. Hold your head high and be proud, it’s obvious you had a great relationship with your Dad and if you have his ashes, it’s where he would want to be, at home with his baby girl. Dont beat yourself up over this thats not what he would want.