Widowed

My husband passed away from stage 4 lung cancer.Last month itvwas a very traumatic passing .i really meed sone suppet

8 Likes

Hi @Debbs71
Sorry to here about your husband.
It is very early days and everything seems so frightening.
You need to take support and help when offered from family and friend’s.
My husband passed nearly 5 months back and i am still gaving some bad days no two days the same. Trying to cope with someone i spent 38 years with is hard and learning to live on my own now will take adjustment. Life is short we dont know how long we have left. Please take a day at a time look afteryourself and hopefully it will be manageable in time x

5 Likes

Hi Debbs71
Sorry to her about your husband.
I lost my wife to stage 4 lung cancer,6 months ago and it still hurts as it was yesterday, getting used to live on your own and coming home to an empty home.
No day is the same and also cooking food,not the same.
Going back to work have helped me, keeping my mind busy.

4 Likes

Hi @Phillbutt100
Yes no two days the same.
I have been at home this week with cold and feeling unwell unable to get out bed the last few days. My husband would have looked after me but now on my own couldnt be bothered eating or getting up no need too.
I usually get myself out during the day trying to keep busy but hate going back to the quiet house at night. Bring in all day and night on my own during this time has made me feel more upset today.

5 Likes

@Debbs71 So sorry for your loss. Its a very hard time but people on here are very supportive so keep posting. Sometimes I find it eases things just a very tiny bit to post things on here. It helps to know we are all going through the same thing. Take care and look after yourself too. Ann x

3 Likes

So sorry you have been poorly. Hope you are feeling better today. It dosnt help with this awful weather, its pouring down here and so dark. take care. Annx

2 Likes

Sorry you have been poorly. The weather here in Scotland is terrible which makes life even harder

1 Like

Hi @Pakapa
Yes the weather in Edinburgh has been bad and ive been unable to get rid of my cold its been nearly a week now.
Need to get out house soon as not seen anyone.
Maybe tomorrow or weekend.
Take care x

2 Likes

Hi Debbs71.First thing I’d say is keep posting your feelings on here whatever they are you’ll get plenty of support from the people in this group . I lost my partner of 28 years 2 years ago from cancer. From diagnosis to her passing was a year. In that time she suffered so badly from the treatment and the pain, backwards and forwards to the hospital and the GP, Xrays at a different hospital and so it went on.It seemed every day there was an appointment somewhere . She was in a wheelchair because of her other conditions which made it harder still for her.We had no children but support from her family and friends but after all that misery she died anyway. Like everyone else on this group I feel for you . Its so tough to carry on. Although as Ive said I have suppport the fact remains I now live alone in a small flat and as Im retired I’m alone with my thoughts for much of the time. I’ve used this site to vent my feelings many times so I urge you to do the same. We’re all in the same club that none of us wanted to join. My best wishes to you.

1 Like

Hi
Feeling a bit down today.
I guess some days are like this now.
I have been unable to go out recently so stuck at home with just myself for company so quiet and a but lost.
Usually i mange to go out and speak to people. I joined a choir recently so i could meet new people. Sometimes although i still feel alone. It has been 5 months now since my husband died and it seems like forever by yesterday cant explain time anymore. :broken_heart:
I find being on my own strange used to being a couple guess we all feel this way and i am not alone just how to survive is new x

2 Likes