Wife

Many people talk to there deceased partners even after 17 months I can’t talk to my wife apart from good morning or good night. Otherwise I cry like a baby. How do other people feel about this?

2 Likes

Hi i lost my husband just over 3 months i say good night and good morning to him but can not talk to him about every day things as i start to cry as he is not here to do the things we did together

2 Likes

Hi Kwent, I have the same problem. - My brother died in February 20022 and took me several months just to say good night. I only just stated to say good morning 2 weeks ago. For some reason it seems to be much harder. I still have a problem to talk to him but do not know why. I just choke and find it hard to swallow. - Nick

1 Like

Hi @Kwent, my husband died coming up to twenty three months, I do talk to him every day. I say morning and goodnight and tell him how much I love and miss him. Sometimes it makes me cry, other times I just chat to him especially if I’m watching a quiz show and I know he would know the answer. I talk to him when I’m gardening too, checking he would approve of any changes I have made. Occasionally if I’ve had a particular bad day I swear at him too for leaving me.
I convinced he is with me all the time watching over me.

2 Likes

I look over at his chair as if he’s still here - I keep him up to date with what is or isn’t happening :woozy_face:
I often look up at the stars in the middle of the night, it’s very peaceful & hope he is looking down.

Yes, I get upset - but wouldn’t it be strange after all these years together if it didn’t affect us?

G. X

3 Likes

I talk to him every now and again but jusr find it so hard and upsetting talking to my husbands ashes! I wish i could as i might get comfort. Theres a walk i do most days where i get visited by some robins and once even a kingfisher and i talk to them as tho they are Bri. Strange, i know…

1 Like

Hi i lost my wife in December and when i talk to her sometimes i feel ok but other times i end up crying.

4 Likes

@Kwent
Crying is natural and all necessary for most of us so if talking to your wife has that’s effect that maybe do it when you feel your emotions building up and they need a release.
I use music to do that too.

There is no shame in crying and maybe your wife is actually helping you in sparking those tears.
Hugs xxx

3 Likes

Yes you are probably right I have started clearing her clothes so I have been crying a lot . Someways I feel guilty about doing that but I know that’s what she would have wanted me to do . Take care of yourself

1 Like

Hello @Derek2 - I am so glad you posted here - it is a club that no-one wants to join but somehow, because of the love and understanding we find here - it is a club that can help us feel that little bit better. You lost you love so recently, so very recently. Crying is good, to release all that sadness that pools inside like a reservoir that never seems to stop filling. Take it a step at a time, my friend. And know that if you need to talk to people who understand how you are feeling, you can come here and find us.

1 Like