Wishing for death

Dose anybody wish for death, like being hit by a bus or cancer just so you won’t have to live a long lonely life without your soul mate

18 Likes

Oh never! @Victoria83 I am so very sorry you are feeling this way. I know it’s hard living without our loved ones but sadly, we have no choice. My husband died suddenly and had so much living yet to do, so I now have to live my life for both of us in the best way I can. x

9 Likes

Hi, yes I’ve been feeling like that for sometime now but I know it not the answer so I seeked help from my doctor. I honestly didn’t want to go on without Ian and still don’t but I know I won’t do anything it’s a terrible feeling. I was told it was quite common to feel like this after your loved one dies.
Take it easy

6 Likes

Just to point out that I would never do anything intentionally as I have 2 kids to think about I was just wondering if it was a common feeling or not

4 Likes

Yes. I would be quite happy if I was taken right now. I can’t go another 20 years without him. But I have children and grandchildren to consider xx.

6 Likes

Every single day I don’t want to be here I lost my wife Jane 7 weeks ago I go to bed every night hoping I don’t wake up but I got grown up children and grandchildren to think about I know its so hard but keep going please send hugs you take care x

3 Likes

No and from your post you are young that is not the answer. Time will heal but except the person you lost will always be there in your heart. My husband took so much care in making sure I would be ok he would hate me to feel like this. Maybe you do need to speak to a professional if you feel like this. Take care

2 Likes

Hello Victoria,

My father passed away on 15th November, 8 weeks after a cancer diagnosis. My father is my best friend and the person I love most in the world. I feel completely lost and see no hope of things improving. With each passing day things feel more difficult and I miss him more. When I found out he was ill I used to wish I could swap places with him and now he is gone I am willing something to happen to me so the pain stops and I can be with him again. I will keep trying.

Xx

3 Likes

Hi Victoria83,

I’m so sorry to hear about the way you are feeling. It sounds as though things are very tough and you are feeling really down at the moment.

It sounds like you’re looking for support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. We know that a lot of people experience suicidal thoughts during their grief journey. We have a video about it here which you might find helpful:

https://griefguide.sueryder.org/support/suicide

There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

• If these thoughts of suicide become overwhelming, please call 999 or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.
  • Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.
  • Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text SHOUT to 85258 and talk to them about anything.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: sueryder.org/counselling.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

You deserve care and support so please, Victoria83, get in touch with one of these services.

Take care,

Alex

1 Like

I was at the Dr’s yesterday (Friday) they said they refer to cruse, I rang them, 8 week waiting list and Dr’s said council ing was a self referral

1 Like

I lost my partner on the 25/11 and yes I feel exactly like that I don’t want to be here without him x

7 Likes

Hello, my other half suddenly died at work 3 weeks ago and yes most days I feel like I want to die or that if u dropped dead 2 I really don’t care I hope I don’t wake up. I have my son who is 12 aoni wound never intentionally to anything but if it something happened I don’t care. I told my doctor this other day and my son and I are starting counselling next week, it won’t change how i feel just someone else to tell

4 Likes

I also would like to join my husband. Every night I wish that I don’t wake.

6 Likes

NO. I have never felt like this yet I was just as heartbroken as other people. My husband died of Cancer and it was horrific how he suffered and traumatised me for life so never wish such a thing on yourself.
There are so many people out there trying to fight to save their lives who would be upset to see your words. You have two children that need their Mom more than ever so they should be your priority.

5 Likes

No dont wish this loosing a partner is dreadful and to everyone on here they are their soulmates I lost mine on the 13th July a date that will be ever etched into my brain. I got divorced when my son was 5 and didnt take him to consideration trying to cope with my own grief the worst mistake of my life You are young so is your son the person we lost will never go away but you have to build a new life it may seem hard at the moment but you will

2 Likes

Hi yes I think we all have these conflicting feelings, it’s all up and down but if you think of the massive loss we’ve had isnt it understandable that we would feel this way, it took me a while to work out that I wanted to be with my husband but although I thought about dying I couldn’t make sense of what I really wanted and of course you love your son but you’re grieving right now be kind to yourself, just take a day at a time and and pat yourself on the back that you made it through the day, nobody or anything can make us feel better I quickly realised that but I’m fifteen months down the road now and please believe me when I say life is different not ever the same and it has been tough at times especially coming up to Xmas but I am still getting up every morning and putting one foot in front of the other because that’s all we can do, sending love and hugs to both you and your son

4 Likes

It is a common feeling. I really felt like that and do sometimes now. Wishing I could be with him but I have 2 children and three grandkids that would miss me as well. My husband I know would want me to carry on the best I can without him. It is so hard to do events and I cry every time.
I can assure you that grief is here to stay.
I lost my husband in Sept to lung cancer he was only 65 and had so much to live for.

3 Likes

Its so very hard isn’t it

1 Like

It is very hard. Sometimes I feel it’s impossible.

1 Like

@Victoria83 every single day I want to give up. I want to be with the love of my life again.
Every day I wake up and see our little dog Nacho and she relies on me to look after her after my partner left us. She has saved my life so many times in the last 4 months.
You’re not alone in that feeling x

4 Likes