Woke up with feelings of dread

This horrible feeling right in the centre of my chest, anxiety levels creeping in. Got up early, put the washing on and out. Feelings still there. Keep thinking this is a nightmare and I will wake up from it. I’m supposed be doing a phased return to work soon, I don’t know if it’s too soon. Legal issues are a worry, feel like selling everything and running away. Will I ever get stronger, I miss my husband so so much. Pain remains in middle of my chest.

3 Likes

Try breathing excercises

1 Like

Hi @Sandan75
What your feeling is normal for so early on in your grief journey. I went back to work after 7 weeks, I’m part of the support staff in a school, I’ve been there twenty eight years so most of my work colleagues knew my husband well.
That made it slightly easier for me. But I didn’t stop me having anxiety symptoms, and crying all the way to work on the first day.
I due to go back to work tomorrow after the school holidays, and have been anxious for days that odd feeling in your chest I know it well, also having disturbed dreams. I’m dreading going back.
My husband has been gone nearly 18 months, so don’t expect too much to soon. If the feelings of panic continues and you don’t feel ready to return to work then go to see your doctor. I ended up seeing mine and now on medication for depression and to help me sleep, also waiting for one to one counseling with Cruse.
Be kind to yourself
Take care
Debbie X

2 Likes

Thank you Debbie, I hope all goes well with you. Your words have been helpful, I think I’m going insane. I have to stay strong for my 12yr old, but it’s so hard x

1 Like

No, your not going insane your grieving :revolving_hearts:

Yoga Breathing is really good, it’s helped me so much to calm those awful feelings of anxiety and dread. I went back to work after 5 wks because of financial issues, I thought it was going to be horrendous and I’d end up walking out, but it’s not been too bad, it’s helped me get back into a routine and find my new normal, take care of yourself x

1 Like