Words

What words would anybody say to someone who’s just found themselves in this situation. Like what was said that helped you?
Mine
Give yourself credit for getting out of bed on a morning it’s a massive achievement

6 Likes

Mine was take one hour at a time… baby steps and I’m here for you and not going anywhere. X

2 Likes

Aw … thats nice :slight_smile: nobody said that to me ! Nobody said a lot to me tbh … i had to get most of my coping techniques from my bereavment counsellor and being on here has helped so much ! Everybody i know went into hiding after the funeral … :frowning: xxx

3 Likes

Yeh i love that expression - baby steps - its one of the most helpful of them all ! My mum now says it to me all the time Xx

2 Likes

Sometimes I think people avoid us cos they don’t know what to say

4 Likes

Mmm … well its all very well is that but thats when you need support the most … it didnt really hit me until i shut that door after the funeral. I must admit though i was so angry … but people need to understand thats part of grief too … But never mind ive made some good friends now and im really grateful for that xx

2 Likes

So true, I’ve learnt who are real friends and I’ve learnt a lot about my family and his family too

1 Like

Mmm … well you know what they say - you can chose your friends but not your family ! Xx

Oh yes so true x

1 Like

Is that your husband in picture ? Aw … you look happy … sorry for your loss xx

It is with our middle son. We were it’s a hard situation we all in x

2 Likes

It is indeed xx

Hi my husband said to me before he died that it will hurt a lot to begin with and it will be so hard… but you will get through it and you must live your life… I miss him so much x he was so selfless and just thought of me :heart: I was diagnosed with breast cancer when he was told his chemotherapy hadn’t wy x we had 3 weeks together after they .my surgery was 2 days after his funeral that was 2 weeks ago… I have to go through chemo and radiotherapy without him in the New Year x thank you all for being here. I need you…

3 Likes

How would you like the next chapter of your life to be like? You need a plan, so here’s a pencil and paper, make a list!

1 Like

Hi @Alice8 so sorry to hear of what you’re going through, my thoughts and best wishes are with. Keep posting on here, you have many friends to support and comfort you, you will not be alone, we’re here for you xxx
Big hugs :hugs: xxx

@Sah28 - this is a great idea for a post - thank you. I think for me it was someone who said " you are stronger than you think, braver than you know, and you have got this - even if it really doesn’t feel like it right now".

I hope sharing this on your thread will mean these words reach someone else who could use them today x

3 Likes

Mine would be:

‘I’m not having this”

Stood me in good staid x

2 Likes