Yesterday

Well yesterday I had a burst pipe, I jumped into action turning off the water supply and electrics call the company to come and fix it. Whilst waiting for the engineer I sat thinking well I have no husband ,no hot water, no electrics and no heating , and just as my son walked in just broke down and sobbed my heart out. I just have to realise that this is how my life is going to be from here on.

Hi Kazzer
You have had rotten luck but look at the positives. As soon as your emergency happened you got straight on with it, calling the right people and getting it sorted.
You only broke down when the engineer was on their way. You managed that on your own which shows resilience. Hope the problem is sorted.
Cheryl

1 Like

Its hard coming to terms with our new life -it has been 4 and a half months and I have days where I feel just like what’s the point and then other days when I can see some hope, Its just like putting a band aid on -a temporary attempt at a fix but then it falls off and the slightest thing can send me into a crying mess. I mowed the lawn today and it looked nice but the enjoyment has gone from everything. I know this is just the up and down of grief but it feels so constant and it is so permanent .December makes things worse for us all and I just wish this month would hurry and go .I know I need to be stronger but I’m having a low time at the moment and feeling a bit overwhelmed and finding it so hard to accept that David has gone.

Dear @Kazzer,
One of my main power swtiches in the house suddenly went off yesterday, the lounge went all silent… I was panicking because my late partner always used to fix this kind of problem, but i did learn a thing or two from him. After calming myself, I tried to switch off the power stripes one by one and finally found the faulty one which caused the power cut, one of the sockets on it was a bit damp…
I know my partner would be proud of my little independent achievement. Your husband would have been proud of you too because you reacted so fast to the situation. Don’t be too harsh on yourself Xxx

1 Like