Anxiety after sudden death

Hi Suzy,
I lost my partner 10 weeks ago and I can honestly say I have felt in pain , it’s indescribable , I found him and the shock and loss is so hard to deal with, my dr put me on the same sleepers as you and also an antidepressant which didn’t seem
To help so I stopped them , I try to take 1 day at a time I gave good days bad days and ok days , I’m so sorry for your finical problems hopefully you will get this help , the boys will be a blessing xx I joined cruse and go on a bereavement walk once a week and chat to other ladies that does help a little xx

1 Like

I’m still the same… its the not knowing if I am going to cope. I feel so guilty worrying about money but I have children to feed and clothe.
I was ok for money one minute then suddenly im struggling…its hard enough to loose your husband without this aswell… doc still won’t prescribe anything.

1 Like

Hi everyone
Its 9 weeks now since I lost jim and i still
Have awfull anxiety over money worries. The doctor put me on citalapram and gave me promethazine 25mg for night time. I still only manage 3 hours sleep. Im feeling awfull on the citalapram still if not more anxious but the doctor still says there’s no magic pill and to give the tablet 6-8 weeks. Welfare rights say im not entitled to any help. I don’t know how im going to cope. Its such a scary journey I just want my husband. People say it gets easier with time but I honestly can’t see it. Thank you all for your support. When i get desperate I re read all the messages.thank you

3 Likes

Hi , I feel for you it’s bad enough coping with the loss and the Grief without having to worry finically, have you contacted citizens advice? I was given sleeping tablets and antidepressants for anxiety but they made me feel worse so I cut them down then stopped them but everybody is different , I am going to ask for a different antidepressant to try, my Partner Tony died 11weeks ago and I feel
Just as bad now as the first day I lost him, I have ok days but no good days it’s fo awful, I can be surrounded by people but still feel lonely so I know how you feel xx

It is horrendous. I’ve never felt anxiety like it. Its crippling. Citizens advice say im not entitled to anything. But I don’t understand how that can be. Im usually such a strong person. I hate this… my husband would hate this for me. Iong for okish days. Hopefully soon

It is so stressful isn’t it? My anxiety has gone through the roof. I lost my husband and my dear dad 5 weeks ago. I feel sick with anxiety, I dont even want to pick up the phone. I feel very lost without my great love and miss him all the time. I feel as if the colour has gone out my life.

That’s how I feel. Its awfull having kids aswell everything rests on my shoulders now.
I do hope it passes as I feel I cant be there for my sons properly. Im.sorry you are going through the same thing. It is the worst thing that has ever happened to me.

How old are your boys? I know its really scary facing everything on your own. I have got some help from the state as I was my husbands carer but now he has died, I have lost some of the benefits so wondering how I am going to manage. I have been taking zoplicone for a while now but i am trying to stop it so i am having a lot of sleepless nights. It really is hell and I wish I had the answer but somehow we have to find the strength to go through it

My boys are 12 and 17. My 17 year old is having anxiety attacks due to his dads sudden and unexpected passing. Its such a shame. My 12 year old sleeps in my bed incase I die. Its just a horrible time nothing will be the same again.

1 Like

It’s just not fair in the kids is it? One of mine is trying to do her finals and the other is taking time out of university. My husband always supported them totally - he would not have wanted to cause them difficulties. If he can see what’s happening it would destroy him. I want to feel that he is here but I don’t want him to see the suffering. Sending hugs

1 Like

It would destroy my husband also if he could see the 3 of us. Life just isn’t fair. Sending hugs back.x