Can't visit old holiday places

Wet and windy summer here north east coast walking good for body and soul keep it up keen Gardner myself small veg patch has kept me busy going into autumn darker days keep on plodding on stay safe in these uncertain times.

Keep it up going out and about even the shortest walk can divert your line of thought keep safe in these uncertain times. Xx

Hello Al. Well, it was a bit of a spur of the moment thing . It t popped up on my phone and I wondered if I could be brave enough to go long distance on a train on my own. Had never done that on my own so it was a sort of challenge. And it was partly steam hauled which Malcolm would have loved so I kind of wanted to do it for him. There were a few tears at the station and I nearly didnā€™t get on but Iā€™m so glad I did. It feels like a big achievement and I feel itā€™s moved me a small step along the path of acceptance. Really, I would recommend it, xx

Thanks Terrymc for your encouragement.Glad your gardeningā€™s giving you some pleasure , a bit cold for me now. I think Iā€™m a big of a fair weather gardener! Keep on plodding on. x

Yes bjane plod we must the hills are sometimes hard to climb. But if we are climbing we are not sinking into a downward spirel. Your Malcolm and my Julia it would be the last thing they would want. We greive because they are gone but we must also celebrate the time we spent with them. Dark days ahead as we enter autumn and winter but spring just around the corner x

So glad! I thought about you xx

Hi Jean
I lost my beloved wife 6 months ago and this November would have been our 54th anniversary. I identify with all you said, I was devastated and still am but after only 3 months I was so occupied still sorting stuff out that places we visited together is a more recent thing Iā€™m managing to cope with. Iā€™ve decided to scatter some of her ashes at some of our favourite places and started last weekend on a short break with the grandkids. It was tough going without her but it definitely helped knowing sheā€™s there when I go again. Iā€™ll do the other places when the time feels right only time will tell. I hope that in time you will find the best way forward for you and I know to well how hard it is to see a future but one day at a time. Fondest regards Mick.