Counselling

Love your take on things Abdullah, so kind, thoughtful and open minded. Maybe counselling would help Jobar, must be worth a try. As others have said previously it can’t do any harm and may help and also can
easily be discontinued if it’s not working. Keep writing your lovely posts.

Yes, @bjane, let’s hope if Jobar does go for counselling with Sue Ryder she has a positive experience like you that can bring her some comfort in this difficult time.

It’s really interesting you say you prefer video call, I delayed my bereavement counselling in the summer because I need to be in the same room as the person to build trust and rapport, but as you say, some people find it easier by video call as they feel more comfortable in their own surroundings. You’re the second person on here who said that, and to be honest, I think many people prefer doing it over a video call instead of all the hassle of going there, waiting in the waiting room, and then being in a room with someone, which can be quite stressful. Really glad you have found a counsellor you have hit it off with!

Thank you Abdullah I hope you are still
staying strong in the face of all these restrictions, lockdown etc. I often think about your sadness at missing having that cup of coffee with your Dad. It’s those little things, isn’t it , those things that were part of the fabric of our lives with those we loved and have now lost. Take care and have a good day .

1 Like

ive got my first one november the 3rd really hope it helps iv had the worst day today thinking of Lauren and just wanting to be with her ,its just so hard to take .I really don’t no what to do anymore

I know, Tappman, it’s sheer hell. Nothing ever prepared us for this but somehow we get up every day , do whatever we can face doing, or nothing if that’s how we feel , and then tick off another day. I don’t know how it happens but we do get through, I’ve been doing it for six months, I just realised the other day. I wouldn’t say it gets a lot better but it becomes a sort of habit and you get used to it in an odd sort of way. I hope your counselling goes well, give it a chance, sometimes the first one can be unsettling but it’s worth persevering if you can. Good luck. Sending hope and love x

1 Like