Directionless pretty much

Janmezzo, that sounds beautiful. Malcolm had been a choirboy, was very musical and he too had a lovely voice which I miss so much. along with everything else about him. A kind caring man, he spent his life helping others, running a very successful special needs department . How sad that their wonderful qualities are lost to the world and to us. Thinking of you

Hi Guys, I am taking it one step at a time, in the case of the house, one room at a time. I regard onerous tasks as hurdles that I have to jump but I won’t give myself a time limit for jumping those hurdles because that would only lead to disappointment. Thus far I have jumped two holiday abroad alone hurdles (they were high ones) one ending a friendship hurdle (been celebrating that weight off my neck ever since) several going to places where we used to go together hurdles, one buying a new car alone without being ripped off to being treated like I’m stupid hurdle and now the remodelling the living room hurdle. There are many more to go but the important thing is to regard every hurdle cleared as an achievement worth celebrating, no matter how long it takes.

1 Like

Well done! I was able to register my husband’s death this week as the Coroner is satisfied that no further investigation is necessary. I’m afraid I cried at the point where I was asked if I was present when he died. The registrar was very kind.

That must have been tough but well done for doing it. So triggering to be asked if you were there.
I had to register my husband’s death at Bradford City Hall where I had once been a Councillor. I was dreading bumping into former political colleagues and having to explain. (Having to explain is so triggering). Fortunately a former political colleague volunteered to come with me and she would have stopped anyone who approached mine in their tracks. Sadly this isn’t possible with Covid.

Yes, it was. Now I have the probate problem but I can do it online and it is straightforward. I have to report to HMRC but I’ve just looked on the website and that is easy. Probate is hanging over me and there won’t be too much of a problem. I have to complete my husband’s tax return on paper by the end of this month and write an obituary for his college also by the end of this month. If my husband hadn’t had a stocks and shares ISA I could have avoided probate. We owned a lot in common.