Getting worse

Ron, that doesn’t sound daft at all! I have been avoiding playing any videos I took of my husband, but I recently made myself play one or two as I needed to hear him laugh. It was heartbreaking, but I’m glad I have saved it and will be able to go back to hear it again.
Sending hugs to you.

4 Likes

Not daft at all Ron, our grandson gave me a teddy bear dressed as a fisherman, Ray was a fly fisher, when I press its tummy Ray speaks to me. Grandson was concerned I would forget what he sounded like to took the words off a video recorded during covid. I listen to it every night.

5 Likes

I put Richards phone on charge. I waan’t sure what was on there. There was videos he had taken, when out with the dogs. He was calling them and laughing. They became so excited to hear him. They looked all over the house. I just cried!!

4 Likes

Thank you,at least I know Ime pretty normal.

3 Likes

Oh Ron I spent days trawling through videos just to hear his voice.

The relief and tears when I found some was indescribable

There’s not a lot but enough to be able to hear him

If your daft so am I

Love and hugs x x

4 Likes

Nice to know Ime not alone Jane.

4 Likes

Feeling low is understandable and it’s another expression of the love locked inside of you with nowhere to go, it’s love with no outlet, fingers crossed it passes as it’s an awful feeling, we all get it, sending you a big hug

5 Likes

Thank you @LynT

I keep telling myself I’m better than this morning, but I’m really not.

I’m hoping a good nights sleep will help. But I haven’t had one of those for months.

I’m at my breavement drop in tomorrow. There’s always trained counsellors on hand. I’ll speak to one if I’m still down.

It’s so good to know there’s so many people that care on here.

Thankyou for caring

Liz x x

5 Likes

Liz
It’s ok to feel how you feel, none of this has a fix or a solution, it’s muddling through it the best way we can in our own individual way and knowing we are not alone on this journey, we may all be at different stages but none of us get to skip any of it but knowing people care, which we all do, is in itself a comfort. If we looked at it from our partner’s point of view they would be relieved and happy to know we all have each other as that’s what they would want, I often wonder what my husband would think of all our posts and comments but I do know he would be pleased we all found one another and had support. Tomorrow is another day so this will pass, it literally is day by day x

4 Likes

Only just caught up with this thread; no, don’t leave, Ron. I look forward to reading the evening online banter. Evenings are so lonely, but it’s good to smile.

4 Likes

@Liro maybe ask your GP for some help? Mine put me on mirtazapine, and it’s been life-changing, as it’s helped so much with chronic insomnia. Hope you can get some rest.

3 Likes

I ain’t going anywhere Catrin the good people on here wouldn’t let me.
Seriously a couple of months ago if someone had said me I would smile let alone laugh again,I would probably have smacked them.
But the good folks on here have made me do both. Especially Willow(Jane) now Lyn and others,I can see a tiny glimmer of light hoping it gets bigger thank you all.
Many hugs Ron.

7 Likes

I think we should all go round to Lyn’s. Her floor is full of glimmers.
We could have a partay!
Xx

5 Likes

I have a spare case of wine.

5 Likes

I can bring Katie’s Chas and Dave CD!
Get the glasses out, Lyn, we’re on our way.
Xx

5 Likes

Hope Lyns got a big house to accommodate us all,can’t drink and drive you know,so that’s me bedded down in the most uncomfortable chair then.

6 Likes

You are welcome at my house any time, open invitation, only requirement is you bring gin and you don’t snore

5 Likes

Chas and Dave?

3 Likes

Don’t snore but have a proliferation to break wind.

3 Likes

I have my COVID mask

4 Likes