Guilt - Not there when your partner passed

@Enorac
Yes, you are right just remember the good times, any bad times are best forgotten.
We would all like to turn the clocks back and maybe do things differently, but we can’t do that.

3 Likes

I have no guilt because he knew how much I loved him . I called him that fateful morning to tell him as always I loved him. I never imagined I would get a call a few hours later to tell me he had suddenly collapsed and died . I was truly horrified stood at the edge of Benidorm beach . I wanted to die too then and there but I had my son to think about so I didn’t I flew home as quick as I could . I will love him always he must know that

3 Likes

That must have been traumatic happening that way. I wish I had told my husband but we didnt instead I wrote him cards and so did he. I still have them. I called him and said I missed him when he was in intensive care and he said he was glad to hear it.
But last time i spoke to him they were taking out his life support and he seemed not to realize it meant he would die.
Suppose just as well.
But he fell out of bed and had his breakfast and died. They said there was no going back. Just came to the end. He had tried his best in his own way. I guess he just lost his strength. He was 76 and three quarters. Same age as his mother was when she died. People said he lived to a decent age. Some would say every year over 70 is a bonus. Others say could expect ten years longer. No guarantees.
Hospital said he was old
in their terms. People say things and all feel awful at the time.

2 Likes