Helping each other

I lost my husband 6and half month ago ,from being diagnosed in may with lung cancer within 6 weeks he was gone ,i decided to come onto this site hoping it would help me and lo and behold i spoke to a lady who had also lost her husband ,we found out we lived quite close to each other ,we private messaged each other and now meet up every week for a coffee and also attend bereavement councilling together ,we have helped each other tremendously, she is a lovely lady ,so thankyou for this lovely group .

10 Likes

That’s really lovely to hear, @Kitcat - thank you for sharing. :blue_heart:

2 Likes

@Kitcat im so sorry for your loss and on this site it is good to find people who understand how you feel. I have found it a comfort.
I think meeting up is lovely and im not sure if this could happen but it would be great if somehow this can be something Sue Ryder could help with putting people together who live local to each other.
Just an idea x

2 Likes

I think its a love idea ,it has certainly helped me and the lady i meet up with ,it has made us feel less alone in this horrendous journey x

1 Like

Unfortunately, we don’t have the resources for this at the moment, @Sue338, but anyone on the community is welcome to connect with other members privately, though we’d ask that members are mindful of protecting their privacy and safety. We talk more about this in our Terms and Conditions, and we’re always here to help if anyone has any questions or needs any support.

We’ve also just launched our Grief Kind Spaces. Our Grief Kind Spaces are weekly, in-person drop-in sessions held in the local community and run by trained volunteers. The sessions provide a safe, informal and supportive place for people to come together and share their experiences of grief, helping attendees to feel heard and less alone.

Take care,
Seaneen

@Seaneen thank you for your reply. I have looked on your Grief kind spaces and there isnt one by where i live.

1 Like

You might also want to check out AtALoss, @Sue338. If you follow this link and select your area, it will show you a list of local bereavement support:

https://www.ataloss.org/Pages/FAQs/Category/organisations-that-can-help

I’ve also seen a few members talk about Jolly Dollies groups recently. I’ve had a look and it looks like there is one in Warwickshire:

https://thejollydollies.co.uk/find-members/?region=england&town=warwickshire&group=warwickshire-1

Hopefully there’s something you could explore.

Take care,
Seaneen

That’s wonderful it’s truly worth just chatting to people :hugs::heart::pray:t2::heart::hugs::pray:t2: