It’s not just missing them, it’s more

In your own time Ann, I completely understand as I never thought I would access counselling. For lots of reasons I thought I should and could handle it myself but I realised I was overwhelmed. I only wanted to say that counselling I s not that scary and very easy to access on line with the Sue Ryder organisation

But why wouldn’t you cry? If you love someone and you are hurting it’s a natural response. Be gentle on yourself, but as I say in your own time x

Honestly Ann, there is not a more ugly sight than me when I cry. I tried counselling recently but I realised it was too early for me. My wife died suddenly five and a half months ago so you are not as far along this journey as I am. I think counselling could be very useful to you but do not consider it until you feel you are ready for it. That could be next week or next year, it’s up to you. Whichever way you go I wish you the best. Take care, AL x

AnnR you are about as far into your journey as I am and I tried counselling with Sue Ryder site. The first two sessions I didn’t feel I could let myself go but on the next session I felt I could just talk it out of my system exactly how I felt without it having to make any sense. It was a huge relief and I felt better for it and am looking forward to the next session. My counsellor is kind and very understanding and knew exactly when to speak and when not to. You may want to think about it seriously. If you want to discuss this with me you know where I am.

1 Like

Thanks so much x

That’s so true. I am gradually coming round to the idea so we will see. Thanks for your reply. Everyone’s views really help.

Thank youAl, you are right. I need to be ready for it and I am not quite there yet. Thank you for replying.

Your counsellor sounds brilliant. I haven’t got one near me but I am considering Sue Ryder, but I need to be sure. Thanks

Hello AnnR.

I can see you are contemplating the services of one of our counsellors. I thought it would help you decide if I gave you a little information.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling.

Take care. Stay safe.
Audrey,
Online Community Team.

Dear Annr, don’t worry all counselling is done on the phone now because of covid, so no problems with how you look. I speak to one every 5 weeks and find it does help. Good luck and why not give a go, it certainly won’t make you feel worse. Take care, Margarita1

Thanks for reply, yes I got my delivery in my time slot after stamping my feet on Twitter , only a few more
days of self isolation To go

Hi I lost my husband 15 months ago. I try to keep busy but after lockdown made things worse. I break down when I think of life without him. It’s horrible. My thoughts are with you on your grief. Don’t think Drs can do much really. It’s comforting to share with others .

I totally agree we will see our loved ones again. Prayer has helped me a lot. I’m still grieving after 15 months and 43 years together. It’s so tough trying to get on with life but we have no choice sadly

1 Like

My husband died suddenly at work last year age 55 after 33 years together. The News I got that day nearly killed me! We did everything together. I’m totally lost without him. Our kids grandchildren are great, supportive but I still miss my love every single day​:broken_heart: my heart broke that day. :cry: Each day I get up and function, it’s early days still for me and for You. Just Be, for now , get through a day at a time and see where life goes. I don’t plan anything anymore and Covid this year hasn’t helped Us All​:broken_heart: I have no answers to help, counselling didn’t help me , I just need my husband but that won’t happen he has gone and slowly I’m learning to live with it. Keep strong. Xxx