Lack of money is frightening

you have to have paid in for at least ten yrs to get anything on state pension, i got a letter from them saying i did not qualify. i get pension credit, 187 a week, that is it, dont get nothing else whatsoever. if it wasnt for my son paying sky and internet i wouldnt have that.

good god that is terrible. You should get your council tax, glasses and dentist free.

1 Like

I think you only get that if you are under State Pension age

I applied for universal credit after reporting my husbands death almost 6 weeks ago. I am still waiting to hear how much i will get. I know i have to pay almost £50 a month to rent i dont know about council tax yet. My husband had a small private pension when i finally get half of tgat it will be deducted off my universal credit. Its a joke and although i am registered disabled i have to supply a fit note otherwise i have to look for work. Xxx

1 Like

Hey this is whats happening with me at the moment, i have had the grand sum of £26.30 since my husband passed away on 5th April. I have got a local councillor involved and im getting somewhere at last. However, dealing with grief, then to have monetary issues too its just so unfair. I hope you get sorted x

Hi Adele,
Two weeks after my wife passed I was contacted by the dwp to say as my wife had died my pension was being re-assessed,a week later I got notification that I was entitled to part of her pension and mine was being increased by £30pw so I have no idea what the criteria is.

i was 10 weeks beofre i got any money, had to rely on a friend who lent me some money as hubby was not insured

Hi im not pension age yet,but my husband was a good bit older, i was given bereavement support allowance and i get £100 a month for 18 months, but thats it.

I get that too Adele likewise Gra was 16 yrs older that me . I aint pension age euther. Xxx

1 Like