Losing my dad

I lost my dad on 05/05 after a very long and traumatic time for its hospitals giving one diagnosis then changing it to another, I looked after him from his first admission on 26th Feb, all hospital appointments, all paperwork, all phone calls, organising everything even down to palliative care towards the very end! I’m now numb, can’t motivate myself and as a single mum that’s self employed I can’t afford time off work and feel like I shoukd be a can at work, I know there’s no right or wrong way to grieve but coukd going back to early make things better or worse? :tired_face::disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Hi @La77, I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. I hope you find our community helpful.

I think the question of going back to work is a really personal one - some people find having something to take their mind off things helps, others feel that putting on a, “brave face” can make them feel worse. There’s a thread here about going back to work which might be helpful to have a read of: Returning to work after bereavement

Take care
Seaneen

1 Like