Losing your son

17 weeks ago I lost my son in a motorcycle accident & I was minutes behind him to see the horrific results of the accident- which haunts me every day. He was 27 & loving life. We had done so much together & just took him & my daughter on holiday- which was the best holiday ever. He also worked for me .
I’m finding it harder everyday to get through life without him. Nothing really seems to matter anymore except my daughter & girlfriend. Every Wednesday night I put videos or pictures up on Facebook & try to stay busy but I still cry everyday. Everyone says you will never get over it … just get use to it. I just can’t see myself away being happy again . If I didn’t have my family to look after I know I wouldn’t want to live anymore.

2 Likes

Hello @Ninja, I am so sorry for the loss of your son - that is devastating. Thank you for reaching out here.

I wanted to share this thread with you. It’s called Loss of our son aged 27 and its a long running support thread for people who have experienced a loss like you. Anyone can post and I hope you may find some comfort and understanding there.

Your loss is still very recent and raw. Are you getting any support to help you cope? We have some options you may want to explore.

Our Online Bereavement support includes:

I hope you find the community to be a support to you - you are not alone.

Take care
Seaneen