Lost my sister just over a week ago

My sisters birthday today she would have been 51.

1 Like

@Paula51 Am sorry that you have to go through her birthday alone. This is one worst day, where all the memories would be flooding in. Cry it out. Let all emotions out. If you donā€™t feel like doing anything take your time. Sending love and support for you to get through this day.

1 Like

I rang my neice and spoke to my parents.
The day passed and I got through it even managed after an initial cry to smile at happier times

2 Likes

Hi Iā€™m so sorry to hear of your loss itā€™s devastating for you and your family. My sister died from Covid 19 a few weeks ago at 44 leaving behind her two small children.
Iā€™m also going through all the funeral arrangements, sorting out her documents, I saw her coat and bag in hallway and it really broke me.
Iā€™m going to the chapel of rest on Sunday but Iā€™m not ready to say goodbye. Due to lockdown restrictions we canā€™t see or meet people itā€™s so hard.
My parents have aged overnight, her children are missing her, itā€™s her daughter 12th birthday on Saturday. Reading your post is helping me know Iā€™m not alone going through this pain. Thinking of you.

5 Likes

I totally feel this way! My sister passed unexpectedly 13 weeks ago today. She was just 29 years old! now the initial shock has gone and we slowly start to live a normal life again i feel like I canā€™t show Iā€™m sad any more as if Iā€™m dragging it out. Heā€™ll wonder why Iā€™m upset and it frustrates me how he canā€™t tie it together as if I should be passed it now when Iā€™m not. Donā€™t get me wrong we do have laughter and things together more normal now but then it will just hit me so hard suddenly all over again that I will never see or speak to her again. Itā€™s so heartbreaking and I feel like I canā€™t talk about it any more!

1 Like

My heart goes out to all of you. I am so sorry for your pain.
My Sisterā€™s third anniversary was 3 of May, her Birthday is today.
The first week of May will always be a horrific reminder of the precious Sister I lost, and we will never celebrate another birthday together. As I have every year since she died, I light a candle on a cupcake, and as I blow it out, I wish for the one thing I cannot have , for her to come back to me.
I dedicate this poem to her, that I had inscribed on her memorial card. To My Beloved Little Sister;
ā€œI Sought My Soul, But My Soul I Could Not See,
I Sought My God, But My God Eluded Me,ā€™
Then I Sought My Sister, And In Her I Found All Three.ā€

I miss you Sweet Sister of my heart, and I will love you for eternity. Happy third Birthday in Heaven.
Xxx :broken_heart:

3 Likes