memories

Hi everyone,
I hope this sort of conversation is ok for this forum.
Memories are what is on my mind, I understand this can be difficult, especially for those folks for whom their loss is recent and raw.
I am approaching 1 year since the loss of my wife Marie and it strikes me that around today last year was when we were told she would not have long to go. It was devastating but not a big surprise at the time.
I remember that day today and want to say that some of it is OK. That day allowed my Daughter to fast-track her upcoming wedding from May this year to early January which meant that Marie could get to the wedding. I shall be forever grateful to the amazing folks at palliative care in Western General Edinburgh who moved heaven and earth to help with the formal arrangements so the wedding could go ahead.
My daughter’s wedding posey has been hanging to dry in my living room since then and I just took a photograph.

Memories remain but I guess will be bittersweet from now on.
Just some thoughts folks, hope that’s OK.

11 Likes

Hi @Derek1966
Sorry to here about your wife Marie.
It is nice to here your memories and thoughts 1 year on.
Nice that you managed to bring forward your daughter’s wedding and your wife her mum could be there for that special occasion.
Lovely photograph and memories :heart: to hold onto.
My husband passed 6 months ago and i hold memories of last christmas and new year visiting family in Austrslia.
This year i am on my own but these thought memories will be with me.
I stay just outside Edinburgh and did some volunteering at MacMillan WGH and Edinburgh Libraries.
Thank you for sharing hope this helps others who are going through hard times
Lynne

2 Likes

Hi @Derek1966
Sorry to here about your wife Marie.
It is nice to here your memories and thoughts 1 year on.
Nice that you managed to bring forward your daughter’s wedding and your wife her mum could be there for that special occasion.
Lovely photograph and memories :heart: to hold onto.
My husband passed 6 months ago and i hold memories of last christmas and new year visiting family in Austrslia.
This year i am on my own but these thought memories will be with me.
I stay just outside Edinburgh and did some
Volunteering at MacMillian WGH and Edinburgh Libraries.
Lynne

1 Like

@Galaxy75
Thankyou, sorry for your loss.
It is really lovely of you to have volunteered for MacMillan, such valuable support.
As we approach Christmas and I approach 1 year, I am finding memories of our time together are coming to mind ever more often and powerful at the moment, I suppose I just wanted to share something good in all the heartbreak.
Wish you all the best for the coming period.

1 Like

Wish you all the best for Christmas and as we approach a new year.
My first without my husband but i have memories of last year when we were both in Australia visiting our daughter sonin law and grandchildren.
It will be sad without :cry: him around but to me it is just another day like all the other ones i have gone through these days.
I will celebrate the good memories :heart:
Take care
Lynne

3 Likes