Mum died and I live abroad

Having a really bad night (2.30am). My second biggest fear came true today (biggest was losing mum). I just found out that my family home was cleared by the executor without my knowledge. I’ve lost everything. Covid prevented me from visiting Australia and the executor went ahead and sold the property and didn’t even ask if I’d like to keep anything, despite me sending multiple emails saying I wanted my cousin to visit to retrieve certain items.
I believe the best way to have avoided this would be if my mum had left specific things to me in her will, but she didn’t name anything specific; just wanted everything split equally between me and my brother.
It’s really horrible losing everything like this. I feel as if the house burnt down. There were many family heirlooms that I wanted to give to other family members. The executor is a solicitor, not a friend or family member. They just don’t care.
I hate the way they keep referring to my mum as ‘the deceased ‘. She had a name. She was my mummy. I feel like I’ve lost her all over again today.