My daughter died alone.

Hello @Rhianna, I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter in such traumatic circumstances. It is absolutely understandable that you are struggling to cope, but I’m worried that you say you want to die and be with your daughter, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

• If these thoughts of suicide become overwhelming, please call 999 or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.
  • Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: sueryder.org/counselling.

Please do keep posting here, too - you aren’t alone, we are all here for you.

Take care
Seaneen

1 Like

Hi. I am so sorry to hear how you are struggling since Rhianna died. I am also struggling everyday, and I don’t want to live with this terrible pain and so I can understand where you are coming from. My daughter died suddenly and alone when she was supposed to be cared for. So much we don’t know yet, but we have to fight for our daughters and get them the justice they deserve. I am not sure where the term the good die young comes from but it seems so true for so many. My daughter was the most loving and fun daughter you could ever wish for, but she had physical pain, seizures and Autism which made her life hard. I understand the pain will become less intense in time. Take Care Andy Xx

1 Like

Hi Rhianna
I too am fighting the system for my son who had ASD. He was left to die by the nhs who wouldn’t listen to him or me when we asked for his heart to be checked. I had to battle to be his advocate and stay at the hospital with him each time we went. They ignored his symptoms as anxiety or alcohol withdrawal or covid or anorexia. He had none of these. He had heart failure. I am so sorry to hear of your battle too. It’s a bitter pill to swallow when you know you weren’t listened to and you were excluded when trying to help your child…the person who knows and loves them best. It’s criminal. I feel your pain. My son died 24th June. :broken_heart:

2 Likes

Hello Jules
I am truly sorry you lost your boy.
I feel your pain.

I’m truly sorry that your boy & you, his mother were also failed by the system.
I hear you.

It truly is a bitter pill to swallow Jules.
It’s criminal. Its wrong on so many levels.

I’m just trying to keep my head above water and breath.
I almost had myself committed into hospital the other day, I thought I couldn’t live anymore.
My daughter wouldn’t want that, I silently heard her screaming at me to remember I have my boy to take care of to, he’s 15 & I can’t leave my husband and my son.
I’m so alone.
Why did this happen to my darling girl? I’ll never get any answer to that. I just know she is an angel.
No-one cares. No-one understands. No-one feels the pain a grieving mother feels, there is no comparison, it’s a very lonely place.

I send you so much love & believe me when I say I feel that pain, No-one else around you feels, that pain not only in your heart but the wrenching pain in your soul! Im here for you. 🫂:purple_heart::butterfly:

1 Like

I’m so, so, so Sorry Andy that you also lost your beautiful girl.
I hear your pain.
I feel your pain.
I’m with you.
I hug you from your heart to the depths of your soul.
Our girls want us to live. LIVE Andy. Take a lovely walk today & breathe. Shout your daughters name. X

1 Like

Thank you Rhianna
I am going out today with some new people. I will try to get a walk in but can’t enjoy anything at all as your mind just goes back to your loss. I am having a couple of panic attacks a day and they just come from nowhere. I talk to my daughter all the time in the car and going round the shops at times, especially if I see something new that I know my daughter would love… Some people must think I am mad. I do try to keep busy and go out as I just can’t sit in the house anymore. It does not seem to matter if you have a partner, friends, siblings or other children you just feel so so isolated and alone. It’s an unbelievable feeling of pain and heartache and despair that I could not ever imagined four months ago. Andy xx

2 Likes

Despair is the word I’ve been using lately.
Never had I ever used that word or even knew what it felt like until Rhianna passed away.
Panic attacks…I hear you :100:!!
No-one gets it!!
It’s good that your getting out, distractions, distractions Andy, that’s the only coping mechanism, complete distractions.
As for talking to your daughter, hey I’m always doing it. I say goodnight to Rhianna & when I come downstairs I look at her beautiful face on her photograph & say good morning beautiful, she new she was so beautiful. She never new how beautiful inside she was, how many people she helped & hearts she touched, but hey she does now. X
Always talk to your daughter because she hears you & your certainly not mad, the people who have not endured grief yet will eventually understand & hey sod them anyway.
I havnt gotten out yet, not even to the shops, just to my daughter’s graveside. I find peace there with a chair & a cuppa. It’s so beautiful there. So many people grieving, I talk to them & them are the new people I have met. People grieving. People with different stories of different people who have died of all ages, people that know grief. I never new grief until that awful day my daughter died.
We as a now small family of 3 went to Wales for 2 weeks to my daughters favourite beach, after her burial, the pain was immense, 1st time going there without her, but I kept talking to people, strangers about my daughter as there was no trauma there.
I walked into the sea one an evening, a beautiful sunset, my daughter loved the sea, like a mermaid.
So I walked in to the sea, the water was still warm from the week before, it had been a heatwave, the water was crystal clear, felt Mediterranean, the water was still, I kept walking, my little dog couldn’t swim to me anymore, I couldn’t hear my son or my husband calling me. I just kept walking, fully clothed, my tears were falling down my face like the rain, uncontrollable sobbing, I wanted the pain to stop, I wanted my baby! Then all of a sudden, from nowhere came this Almighty scream, it’s was me. I Screamed “Rhianna” out to see as far as my lungs & soul could reach. I fell to my.knees in the water. It was still so still. I cried & cried! Then this sort of calm sat on me, I can’t explain.
But I felt peace. Just for 2 weeks.
Then I came home.
So… what I’m saying Andy, you are still in the place of trauma. You & your family need to plan a get away, get a tent, go somewhere that reminds you of your daughter, a place with NO trauma. Talk about her until the cows come home. You will be so surprised at how healing it is.
Always remember keep talking about your angel. Keep talking, keep her memory alive. Sod the system, you havnt the energy just yet. Release your anger. Go fishing. Do lovely things, don’t be afraid to be happy because your daughter is behind your smile & looking through your eyes at your happiness.
She wants you all to be happy :blush:
No arguments.
Believe me, we’ve been through that too, it’s grief :pensive:
But you’ve got to pull together, cry together.
No-one close to you could stop this awful tragedy.
Believe me…I know.
Our grief is still so raw Andy… the pain will never go, it will just get easier to live with.
You need support, your family need support, you all need each other.
Listen to your daughter. X
We can all get through this together! X
Love Emma. X!
I’ve uploaded pictures of my beautiful 24 year old Rhianna. My light. X
20220814_131943|421x500

Hello,
I lost my
Laura who had schizophrenia which is in my family. I felt the same as you do. I was the one who fought for her to have a life. But in the end she had enough of her demons.
She was intelligent and attractive but all my love could not save her.
The system is flawed because it is run by humans and outdated systems.
I believe that l was blessed being her mum. I am now able to remember the good times and the pure love between us.
Please try to step back and breathe and you will feel her.
Your son needs you to focus on him and make new memories.
My son will not speak to me as he said that l gave laura all her attention.
Dont lose your son as l have mine. You will go through many stages in grief anger being a big one. Please enjoy your family and focus on all the love you still have in your life. Jackie.x

Hi Jackie and Emma.

I know we are in this dreadful place. Just coming up to Christmas too. Trying to love and care for people but often feel so empty and alone.

My daughter had Autism and she had some psychotic traits thinking monsters were going to get her. The hospital she was in made her worse and they didn’t understand her either. I loved her so much but that wasn’t enough. I fought the system for five years and failed to get her the support she needed. Her trauma just got worse as people did not understand.

Emma thank you for your post four months ago. Jackie’s post came up and I could see yours again which is some comfort to me as I am currently crying my eyes out missing my Jessie so much. The first Christmas without her.

I hope you can get some moments of peace and enjoyment this season.

XX