Struggling with no parents

Hi all,
Struggling with the loss of both parents.
Feeling so lost that no one understands…
Hoping to get some help from some of you.
Thanks

4 Likes

Hello @Aura,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your parents that brings you here.

Many of our members have experienced the loss of a loved one - you are not alone. I’m sorry you’re feeling so lost and like no-one understands. You might want to connect with @Suesilver who has also sadly lost both of their parents. They recently posted this thread: Being an only child and loosing both parents in 9 months You may also want to read this thread which was shared 2 days ago: https://community.sueryder.org/t/struggling-with-losing-both-parents/

I really hope that you find the community to be a support to you. If you’re interested in counselling, we offer free sessions at Sue Ryder. You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area. We have also recently launched a Grief Guide Service, which provides articles and interactive tools to help you cope with grief. If you’re interested in understanding more about grief and how you can manage it, please visit griefguide.sueryder.org

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out.

Take care,

Seaneen

Hi Aura (beautiful name)
I lost my mum and dad within 5 weeks and 2 days of each other. Dad left us at the beginning of December 2022, my mum followed at the start of January 2023.
The pain is all consuming sometimes and feels like i can barely breathe. The grief comes in waves, some days are okay others are just awful. I miss them both but I miss my mum terribly. I just want to talk to her and give her a cuddle.
Please just know you are not alone
Xx

2 Likes

I could have written those words.

I am still on this board several years later. it is hard. just so you know, I am also (still) struggling without them though the pain is better.

3 Likes

I know where you are coming from. I lost my mum suddenly at the end of December. She was a single parent and raised me and also did so much for me and my son without me even asking it was just who she was. I have a large family and I know I have support but it’s not my mum. My friend lost her mum and dad and she said its like being an orphan. Hopefully this gets less painful as time goes on.
Valda xx

2 Likes

Hi All
My mum’s funeral was a year ago yesterday (my dad died in 2016) When one parent dies you can focus your attention on the surviving parent but when they pass away also, the void left can feel enormous some days. My thoughts are with everyone here on the forum who is without their parent/s. Mike

3 Likes

Aw :cry: Im so sorry to hear this. You must be going through a tough time.
Its just so hard isnt it.
Sending u love and thank you for taking time to answer me. x

1 Like