For today will always last
And since each day’s the exact same way
There is no longing for the past

So when tomorrow starts without me
Do not think we’re apart
For every time you think of me
Remember I’m right here in your heart.

17 Likes

Thank you for sharing that, it is truly, truly beautiful.
Sending love x

2 Likes

Thank you Susan.
It will be 77 weeks tomorrow since I lost the love of my life, and it still feels like yesterday. Weekends are worse. I miss him so much.
So sorry for the loss of you beloved son.
Take care x

4 Likes

Thankyou for sharing this poem @sad2 it’s such a beautiful poem :heart: xxx

1 Like

Thank you for such a wonderful poem. It says all I needed to read. It is so real and gives me some hope.
Take care
Carol

1 Like

Gosh the weekends are hard That poem is beautiful but I can’t seem to let Tony go I know that I’m in a different place than where I was this time last year but it’s still so bloody hard Lots I’d love to all

4 Likes

Thank you Lorraine, Carol and Julie. Hope the poem brought some comfort.
But just more tears I’m afraid. Will they ever end?
Sending you a virtual hug.
Take care.
Joan

3 Likes

Hi sad2

Thank you for that wonderful poem, it gave me an uplift.

I’m 19 months down the line and the tears and heartache still keep coming, not as frequent or severe as before, but they still keep coming, will they ever end, I doubt it, I don’t think I want them to.

Take care all of you.
Barry x

1 Like

Hi, I hope you are ok, it sounds like its a tough weekend for you. I have just been reading your poem again and again since you posted it, its so lovely.
Sending love and hugs
Sue xxx

I am going to read this poem at my wifes funeral on 1st August, And I will rejoice knowing she is she is now safe and well again x

1 Like

Hi Gene
I am so sorry for the loss of your wife and at such a young age.
My heart feels for you and your family.
I will be thinking of you all on the 1st August.
God bless, and take care.
Joan x

Hi Sue
Thank you for your kind words and concern. So glad you enjoy the poem.
I’m ok thank you. Had my now normal Sunday cry (well still crying).
Time is definitely not a healer is it?
Take care xx

3 Likes

That is a lovely poem .thankyou :blush:

1 Like

Hello again.
I have already thanked you for the wonderful poem by just want to say again how beautiful it is. As usual I have been all alone again today and I reread your poem I did give me comfort and reading other peoples messages to you help as well. I have just had another day alone. Family members seem to be over the grief now. In a way I am glad they are coping but I am just left alone to be unhappy. Life is so hard but I want to say a big thank you to all of you on this site. It is the only communication I have with anyone so a big thank you to you all. Carol

1 Like

Hi carol I am so sorry you feel so alone I lost my sole mate last September and I miss him so much he has left a huge whole in my life and your right the loneliness is awful our families move on a bit quicker than us because mine still have husbands and family at home for us we shut the door and that’s it we’re on our own. I know I am in early grief and everyone says it’s early days , so I live in hope that it will get better and i wont spend the whole day trying to fill it. I hope you can find some help Age UK are very good and will phone to chat to you best wishes to you :hugs:xx

HelloSalrpl
Thank you so much for your message. Everything you say is so true. Family just told me they won’t be visiting for a while because they want to stay home and watch the games on TV. That just makes me feel really upset although I know I shouldn’t be because they have to live their own lives. It just makes me feel even more alone. Don’t know what to do anymore. Time is going so slowly and I just can’t do anything. Thank you again for your message. I am so grateful to everyone who uses this site. You all help me so much. . Carol

Thank you for these beautiful words, 23.06.2017 I lost my husband my soulmate my best friend. He was only 51 and it seemed so unfair. In truth it was his time he suffered every day so now I can see this was a kindness for him. Bless you

Beautiful words :heart: I lost my partner of seventeen years suddenly ten months ago today has been emotional :pray:t2: