1 year later

I’m just curious how people are feeling/felt coming up to first anniversary of their loved ones death?

Better? Worse? Did you do anything “nice” to mark the memory?

Today marks the first anniversary since my mum died. I went to a concert at the o2 last night, everyone tells me “life goes on” and she wouldn’t want me to be sad, so off I went…I actually had such a great time like the first time in a year I felt like me, the me I was and the me I missed. Until the DJ did a shout out, for all the girls that brought their mums along tonight, shout out to the mums blah blah blah. I could feel my friend looking at me, my heart hurt so bad but what could I do :woman_shrugging:t2:

I woke up this morning, feeling fine? I don’t feel sad, I don’t feel any different, I haven’t cried? I haven’t thought about it. Maybe it’s the effects of all the alcohol last night :see_no_evil: but I thought I would feel something. I just just feel numb. I feel as if I’m only 30, I could live another 30/40/50 years and is this my life now…another 30 years without her, another 30 years of winging my way through life with no one to txt and no one to help me :woman_shrugging:t2:

So just curious to hear how everyone is feeling

Good for you, Tasha, I am only approaching seven months on the 15th March, I can’t really comment. I am glad that you enjoyed the concert at the o2 last night, it is the right way to go.
Take care,
MaryL x