1 year since he passed

I am struggling with my grief, my ex partner passed a year ago yesterday. We have a 9 year old daughter who is also struggling with her grief. All she wants is her dad back and I obviously cannot do that. I have no idea how to handle her grief aswell as my own. I feel like I am failing her

Dear @Moira

I am sorry to read that you are struggling. Grief is a horrible journey to be on. I am sure you are not failing your daughter, grief can be so overwhelming.

There are resources by Sue Ryder that may be of help to you at this time.

There is a useful Grief Guide that contains information to help you understand and cope with your bereavement and grief. When you feel ready, it would be worth having a look at it.

It might be helpful for you to book and appointment with your doctor to let them know how you feel and to see how they can support you. You may wish to consider one to one Counselling. Sue Ryder has free online Bereavement Counselling which you may be interested in. It would be worth having a look at it.

There is also a blog on Losing a Parent which may be of help and support to you. You can also connect with members here who have been in a similar situation as yourself.

Grief Coach text service, which sends you personalised text support via SMS. This is helpful for family and friends too.

There is an article on Supporting a Bereaved Child by Sue Ryder which may be of help to you.

You are not alone, we are all here for you and understand the pain of losing a loved one . Please continue to reach out here at any time as it helps to talk. .

Take care.

Peppers x

I am also still struggling as my partner of 22yrs lost her battle with stage 4 cervical cancer 1yr on 5th May.
I get bereavement counciling but also write poems which i never knew i could.ive posted a few on site .
My son is older at age of 18 but went through the upsetting period which took 3yrs of torture and a very upsetting end for anyone to witness.
He wont let me know anything of how this has effected him.
He does just get on with his interests-pod cast and American wrestling, which he loved as a tot and he found a gym that practices this .His mam would have been so proud to have seen this but didnt manage it.
My focus in life is to spend as much time on my son and my spare time i am building up a scrapbook with my poems and photos .
All our favourite times as a family.
I have witnessed my partner go from a beautiful young lady to a frail lady i had to care for until she passed.
That memory sticks with me and breaks me.
I need to make this book to help in my grief.
I hope you both begin to cope with this awful episode in your lives.
Look after each other.