1st wedding Anniversary without Rob

Yesterday

Yesterday was horrific - it was our 6th wedding anniversary- we’d been together for 16 years. It brought a fresh wave of desperation and grief. Rob died 8 weeks ago of stomach cancer.
He was a huge personality and the strongest man I knew, I’m still coming to terms with the fact that he could ever become ill - his lifestyle was healthy. He was fit. Other than covid in 2021 he had never taken a day off work sick.
Now the future is bleak. we have 2 daughters otherwise I think I’d have given up but it’s so hard and these firsts are killing me . I cry at least 5-10 times a day , my mother tells me I need to start getting over it - I honestly don’t know how and I think I never will. I adored Rob , he was my person, my rock my safe place.

1 Like

I am sorry for your loss, your mum is wrong you will never get over this, but in the future you will learn to come to terms and learn to live a different life. Rob will alway be the centre of your universe. Beautiful photos.
I am 13 months down this road and still it just feels like yesterday, everyday I feel sad at some point and often there are still tears.
My love :heart: goes out to you. X X

1 Like

Dear Andilea

Such beautiful photos of you and Rob which speak clearly of your connection and love for one another. I’m so sorry for his loss and all that went before it. Seeing someone you love going through cancer treatment is the hardest thing to bear.
Life isn’t fair is it? And now you have a mountain to climb, but I do hope you will find comfort in all sorts of ways, from the kind people who reach out on here, like Debbie57, to people who knew and loved you both and your lovely daughters.
I wish for you get the comfort and support you need, keep reaching out - we are here for you, and if you or your girls are in need of counselling we have that here, or there are the Samaritans.

take care

Miche24

1 Like

Hello AndiLea
i feel your pain today Rebecca an myself would have been married 51 years , We celebrated 50 years together last year. Rebecca became very dependant on me the last few months of her life as she was in an out of hospital for blood tranfusions, Rebecca passed away just before Christmas 21 , her service was on Christmas eve .Every day there is good memories crop up but they just make feel so sad that Rebecca is gone. I do hope that things will get better with a little more time for you an everyone in our situation.
I am glad that Rebecca was took 1st as i know she would have found life very hard without me as every time in hospital if she was offered care assistance she refused an said i was very good an would do what was needed. Thats what i wanted to do too.
Hope you feel better soon .
Bert