2 months since mum passed

Mum was 84 but had been in and out of hospital for years and particularly in the last year. Due to covid we could only visit her when she was near end of life. I thought I was ok but suddenly I am very weapy and feel empty and alone. I am 53 years old and the youngest of 4 girls. I have previously lost my dad and two of my sisters . So from a family of 6 there are two of us left. I don’t know that anyone can help - I just feel that if I mention what has happened at work people go quiet on me and don’t want to know.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear about what you have gone through. This forum has helped me a lot through the grieving process of my dad. Lots of different ways of thinking and lovely advice. I’ve found aswell that sometimes talking to people face to face a lot of people don’t know what to say for the best so it can be difficult, but I hope this site helps you. I’m sending you lots of love x

Hi thank you for replying and sorry for the delay. I have been doing ok and then the last month or so it has hit me like a brick. I think the whole lock down and being in a nursing home has affected mem more than I realised and it seems inhuman not to have been therefore mum over the last 6 months of her life due to covid. I am not sure if it helps me on this site but I wanted to acknowledge your message and say thank you. I hope you are ok x