2 months without my Mum

2 months without my Mum, I don’t really know what I’m doing.

For a split second, I thought I could ring her last night. Hit me like a ton of bricks.

She is missing from EVERYTHING.

Mother’s Day can f**k right off as well.

6 Likes

@stardust2023 you will find a way to manage the pain of this terrible grief. Keep going forward and gradually things will feel lighter. The key dates like Mother’s Day’s will always be challenging and everyone approaches them differently. My Mum died last year in January and I chose to embrace Mother’s Day and use it as an opportunity to celebrate how fortunate I was to have had her as my Mum. Nothing fancy, I just bought some flowers and created a little tribute. It made me feel better than just trying to ignore the occasion altogether. I plan to do something similar this year. Yes, it’s very poignant, I miss my Mum everyday but I am thankful for all the years that I had her. Sending you best wishes and hope you find comfort somehow…xx

6 Likes

Your post resonates with me so much – it was like I wrote the post myself. I just lost my mum a few days ago and I used to call her every night before I went to sleep (she lived in a different time zone). For the last few nights I’ve called her number and hung up when I get the answering machine.

And Mother’s Day can f**k so far off it meets itself coming back, as far as I’m concerned.

I feel so winded – like it is physical somehow – and I can’t make anything make sense.

I so understand. And I like to think our mums would too, somehow.

3 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss :pensive: please message me any time, I can’t change it but I promise you’re not alone :heart:

Thank you for replying, this situation is just horrendous

1 Like

I keep thinking to myself, oh I can tell mum about that and then immediately realise I can’t do that anymore. Life is so depressing. I’m going to buy a big bunch of flowers for mother’s day and put them in a vase near her ashes which are currently in the lounge sitting on the sofa. xx

2 Likes

I know how you feel @stardust2023 It’s just about 6 months for me since losing my mum, my best friend, my world, and I still get times where I just want to call her and chat, we used to talk every day. And then I remember all over again. Or I’ll dream about her and think she’s still here. It’s so shocking that she’s not. It’s her birthday a couple days before mother’s day, so it’s going to be doubly hard. I plan to still celebrate her though, go for a meal and visit the tree I planted for her. I’ve still bought her a card as I can’t bare the idea of not writing a card for her. I’ll read it to her tree and hope she can hear me somewhere :cry:
I really feel for you. It’s so hard. I miss my mum so much. I’m only in my early thirties so I feel like there’s so much of my life she’ll miss now that she’d want to be here for :cry: I know it’s the same for you xx

3 Likes

Oh what beautiful words you have written. I do exactly the same as you on mother’s day
Deborah x

1 Like

I know this feeling all too well. I lost my mum back in January very suddenly and I’m struggling to cope with it. I’m an only child and she’s the only parent I had which makes me feel so alone. I thought I was handling it rather well but tonight it’s hit me just like it did when she passed away. We spoke every day numerous times and most of the time it was pointless phone calls but I’d give anything to have that right now and to hear her voice. Everyone tells me it gets easier and I truly hope it does but trying to get through all of this without the person who was my rock isn’t easy. But know you aren’t alone. Feel free to message me and I’ll happily listen to your feelings because I’m sure we’re both feeling exactly the same :broken_heart:

3 Likes