2 years and no easier

My mum passed just over 2 years ago and the pain and upset still hasnt eased. Does this pain and sadness ever calm down? It seems to be getting worse if anything.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not as far into the journey as you but it doesnā€™t get easier. I feel itā€™s getting worse too.
I find this forum helps a lot. Hope youā€™re ok x

2 Likes

Hi iā€™ve just joined the group today for this exact reason. My mum passed away age 56, 6 months ago. I lost my grandad age 97, 3 weeks later.

I feel exactly the same, everyday is more painful than the last and i have no idea how to move forward. I dont have any advice for you but wanted you to know youā€™re not alone.

6 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate the responses. Not sure how Iā€™m supposed to be feeling at this time. Just thought it wouldā€™ve got easier somehow after 2 years. My dad seems to be further along on the grieving process as when I mention her he says ā€œstillā€! Then in the next breath heā€™s upset too. Donā€™t see an end to feeling like this, but Iā€™m assuming when it does get more manageable Iā€™ll probably feel guilty about dealing with it better.

1 Like

My dad is the same. I think itā€™s their way to cope. Heā€™ll tell me to carry on as thatā€™s what mum would have wanted but then get upset himself.
I did something did something for an hour the other day and I didnā€™t think about mum. I felt ever so guilty so I get what you mean

2 Likes

@Jad Iā€™ve only just lost my mum 3 weeks ago and about to lose my dad too as he is currently in end of life care. I already feel like it has changed me forever. It has also changed how I see lifeā€¦and not in a good way.
I donā€™t think the journey of grief ever ends. I think as humans, we tend to ā€˜adaptā€™ to changes over time but it doesnā€™t mean it hurts any less.
I personally have never dealt with loss/death very well even from a very young age. So, in my current situation, my emotions are all over the place.
I think sometimes it helps to help others. Maybe some sort of volunteer work?
Hugs to you xx

3 Likes

Hi,
Sending hugs of support. my mom passed away 2 years ago, I find emotions coming in waves, I have moments when Iā€™m ok, then moments of sadness & crying. I see it as being like carrying a backpack full of rocks, when they first pass, it weighs you down & feels really heavy, but over time itā€™s like the rocks shrank, Iā€™m still carrying the backpack, & thereā€™s still a weight to it, itā€™s just not as heavy as it was, itā€™s more of a comfortable weight now that Iā€™m willing to bear.

2 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry to hear what you are going through, and offer my condolences. No, Iā€™ve never dealt with these situations well either.Have been trying to keep myself busy looking after my dad. Just trying to do what my mum wouldā€™ve wanted. My thoughts are with you x

3 Likes