2 years in may

It’s coming up to 2 years in may since my lee was horribly taken away from me. But it still feels raw like it only happened yesterday I cannot face the grief and sadness of going through the ‘process’ time isn’t making it any easier if anything it makes it harder because I feel like I’m not living I’m just existing, only for my son who has honestly been the one person who has actually been there 12 years old and just a mini version of lee looks, personality everything! He is the reason I get up of a morning! He is an absolute angel I couldn’t ask for a better son he’s been so strong and it’s just not fair on him .

4 Likes

Hi Hayley198894,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

Take good care,
Alex

@Hayley198894 So sorry for the loss of your dear partner Lee and at such a young age and in such awful circumstances. Your lovely son will be some comfort to you and give you purpose but that sometimes makes the grief harder as you have found as Lee is missing many milestones with him and you. Grief has no timetable and this feeling of numbness and robotic existence is evident in many threads here. If you read among them you will find others of your age group who will empathise with you. Love and support,

@Hayley198894
Sorry, I missed your post when you wrote it.
What a time you have been through and losing your Lee like that and so young.
Having a child who needs us is such an important aspect of this dreadful new life. My daughter is a lot older than your son but still needs me so gives me a good reason for having to make a life which is good for her.
I hope you can begin to find some peace for yourself.
Sending love
Karen xxx

1 Like

Thank you so much it’s still a daily struggle I miss him so much from the minute I get up until I go to bed but our children definitely help us get through these hard days xx