2 years later

It’s 2 years at the weekend since my husband died and following weekend 1 year since his mum who was my rock died.

Yes I’m struggling, family support is nil, my small circle of friends who I do lean on are amazing.

I just want to let others know, going through this awful journey are so strong so much more than you realise, you are allowed to laugh, cry, go on holiday, stay in bed, mourn your loss, moving forward is there such a thing? I think it’s finding your new normal not moving forward, there are no rules to grief.

My heart is broken, but the strength and love from my husband keeps me moving forward.

1 Like

Hi @Lesq. I lost my husband 4 months ago - he ages 56, me 52. We have 4 kids between the ages of 16- 24.
Life is so tough at the moment ( also it was his birthday on Friday) and so I am
Always looking for positive posts from people who have and still are managing to deal with their loss, but can say it does get better.
Thanks for sharing and offering a little ray of hope for me when I feel I am stuck in the darkness. I know it’s a long road but I truly hope I can keep moving forwards as you are
Xx