22 year old daughter died suddenly and unexpectedly

I have no words for you Helen as i am living your life. There are no words to help us its complete devestation and life is pointless and meaningless to me without Luca. All i can say is i know what you are going through every living day. Love to you any time xxxx

Hi Tonia, my boy wasnā€™t a good boy by far, but he brought the room to life when he was here, and miss that so much, when I go and visit him, just canā€™t believe it is Daniel, just cry before I even get to him, all day, at night when in bed, Daniel is there, I just wish I could have a sign, just to be happy for that one day, so nice to talk to someone knowing how Iā€™m feeling , not that I would wish this on anyone love to you x

1 Like

How old was Daniel?. I am completly lost without Luca here, i cant explain but i want him to be living and seeing everything for himself not just me, he is missing so much and will do. His dad and i dont believe there is any after life, but i still ask him to come to me and put my hand out by side of sofa or my bed for him to hold it. here if you want to talk but i am not much use but i understand you. I talk to another lady she lost her daughter two years ago and suffers still the same as you and i, Do you have a partner or husband to support you and look after you. Mine is fantastic and he knows i am only here because of him but i struggle with that . He says he could not cope if i went aswell. I can only sned a hug and like you wish we were not talking because then our beautiful children would be here. You know what i mean. I always get in bed and say please dont let me wake up or i say let me die early and not live long. Hug to you i am here to talk xxxx

Love and hugs to you all. I really wish I didnā€™t have to say I can understand how you all feel but I do. I donā€™t want to be here but have to think of my other 2 children even though selfishly I really want to be with Hannah.
I know I am still in shock even 3 months later and struggle with an almost empty mind as though I have no memories except for the present day/time. Everything just overwhelms me and I get terrified of the thought I trying to resume some sort of real life after lockdown is lifted. I canā€™t bear the thought of having to try and live a ā€œnormalā€ life.
Hannah was my life and we shared such an incredibly close bond. The fact that this can happen - you go to bed a normal family and a few hours later your whole world is totally destroyed with no warning. I have to make sure I belive the medical professionals that Hannah wouldnā€™t have known a thing aboug the ruptured aneurysm and subsequent subarachnoid haemorrhage- it would have been catastrophic and she would have gone instantly. I hate myself for not looking in on her before I went to work. She would have been awake and she was messaging her friend making arrangements to meet up.
I am really struggling to find a reason to carry on. I know I have her sister and brother but it is still difficult. Love amd hugs to you all xxx

My son was 35, and yes I have a partner, is Daniel stepson, I really donā€™t no how I would have gone on without him, for 3 months I just sat a starred , didnā€™t want to see anyone, I close my eyes and the reality of him not here anymore is overwhelming, which you both must feel, I to donā€™t believe anything after death as I to talk and try to get a sign heā€™s still here, my life will never be the same as I sure you to wonā€™t never, love to u both

Dear @Anne64
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved daughter. I too lost my 22 year old son suddenly. I found him unresponsive in his bed. Paramedics estimate he passed away appx 3 hours before. Iā€™m desperately sad we were never given the opportunity to attempt CPR, our precious boy was cold. The experience has been harrowing & traumatic. My husband, my other son & I desperately tried to wake him, knowing deep down he had gone. The sounds of our screams & desperation will haunt me forever. I miss my boy every second of every day. I have to carry on for my other son, like you for your daughter and son. Not only are we as parents bereft & grieving we are helplessly try to support our surviving children. Surviving being the operative word, that is just what we are doing. Itā€™s not living, our lives are over without him in it :broken_heart:
When I was 5 mum took her own life, followed by my gran 4 months later (her mum). Life is so very sad a life time of grieving without our beautiful children.
Iā€™m so sad for all of us. Sending love and strength xx

IA am 14 months on from losing Luca suddenlt to. Life is hell, i can on ly do a day at a time and cry for him every dad. I dont live i am surviving. If it was not for my husband i would not be here. I go to bed every night lay my head on pillow and say please dont let me wake up. Then the next rotton day comes without Luca in it. Hug to you all.

1 Like

Dear Tonia, I am so sorry to read that life is still so difficult for you more than a year after your lovely son Luca died. You love him so much, and the pain of him not being here must be unbearable. We can only hope that in time the pain gets a bit less and you are able to live a little, because your Luca would have wanted you to do that. I know itā€™s a cliche, but I donā€™t really know what else to say to you, itā€™s just so sad what happened to you.

1 Like

No, there is nothing to say,its sheer agony. love to you all xxx

2 Likes

Lots of love to you and your husband too, Tonia, whenever you want to talk about your Luca, weā€™re here to listen to you, we wonā€™t let him be forgotten. Hugggsss.

1 Like

Thankyou for your kind words. love to you all who have lost children too. hug xxxx

Hello,

I came across this topic and chat whilst trying to find help support guidance. I lost my beautiful 25 year old daughter 8 weeks ago. It was sudden and traumatic having to preform CPR until the paramedics arrived. Everyone seems so brave on here and I can feel a connection that you understand what this whole grief time process is.

Mrsmac

Dear Mrsmac

Iā€™m so sorry youā€™ve had to join us here and youā€™re without your lovely daughter.

I lost my son nearly two years ago and the road had been hard. Iā€™ve found this site a lifesaver with such brave parents offering support.

Just take each hour at a time. Be kind to yourself and donā€™t worry about how you feelā€¦ grief is very personal.
I found meditation helpful and I still meditate each day if I can. I felt I was going mad at timesā€¦the shock and disbeliefā€¦not sleeping, not interested in anythingā€¦ Henry was all I could focus onā€¦

Very slowly, things have settled and my grief sleeps like a monster inside me. :broken_heart::cry:

Iā€™m sending you love and a hug.

Purple x

Dear mrsmac,was sent this message and read you had read my messages after losing my beautiful Luca,two years two months ago now. I know you are broken,I still cry for Luca every day,I survive each day through my husband only . I cannot stand the thought Luca is not here with us,itā€™s torture for me. His ashes sit next to me on sofa ,I am completely lost every day. As my husband says,day at a time only .people say to me are you ok I always say no I am not. I will never be ok without Luca,to hear his voice,see his beautiful face,he would of been 23 July gone,he passed on his 21 at birthday suddenly too. There are no words I am a different person completely . Days go by I think just what is the point to anything. Life is so not fair I just want Luca here with us every single minute of every single day. I still go to bed and say please donā€™t let me wake up. Life is a struggle,two years on and I still cannot believe this has happened to me. I can offer no advise just do day at a time as I do and when someone say are you ok,if you are not say no,donā€™t say otherwise. Cry,scream for your child if you want,we miss them so so bad.hug to youxx

Thank youā€¦itā€™s going to be a long road without Laura. But having people who have experienced this loss is very comforting. Thank you x

Toniaā€¦.thank you for your reply. It comforts me to know in all this tragedy parents can unite. I came across a quote

ā€œ in the English language there are orphans and widows, but there is no word for the parents who lose a childā€

Also people from the outside looking in you can never understand and from the inside looking out you can never explain.

Being connected to mums who have lost our children has given me some strength today to cope.

Thank you
Mrsmac

We are bound together in this club we are so desperate not to be in. I am glad this site has given you a little strength to survive each day. I cannot give any advise as I cannot help myself in my loss without my beautiful Luca. I do hope you have good family support as I do with my brilliant husband. He puts no pressure on me and looks after me. You donā€™t have to thank me,we are all struggling together in this unfair world. Hug

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry sorry for all your loses, I lost my son 2 years ago, even now I canā€™t talk about my son to people , thatā€™s just makes it real, even tho I no, heā€™s not with me anymore, the pain is hard, I message him every morning, on messenger , let him no what we are all doing and how heā€™s daughter is doing , it take a long time, just live day to day, some days I donā€™t want to be here anymore, but I keep busy, that I find best, my love to you all

1 Like

Helen, I to go into lucas room open his blind, saying morning to him, heā€™s got a wall full of animate japanese books, he collected them. I kiss them, touching them, pressing my face on them. I open his wardrobe gather his t. Shirts in my arms and Bury my face into them crying. I tell him whatā€™s happening etc but when I do I hurts because I hate talking like that because it makes it real that he is not here. I have days where I avoid looking at pictures of him I have up because like you I think then this has not happened, its not real, heā€™s going to come back. I cuddle the last t. Shirt he wore its with me on sofa. All we want is our child back nothing else in the world. Itā€™s so difficult everyday. For my beautiful luca. I talk about luca because I am proud. I talk about luca because even though heā€™s not physically with me, he is never from my mind. I talk about luca because heā€™s part of me, a part I could never ignore or disown. I talk about luca because I still love him and always will forever, nothing will change that. I love and desperately miss you luca. Mumā¤ļø. Nothing mends a broken heart hug

I really wish I could be like you, talk about my Daniel, but I canā€™t , I canā€™t even look at photos , I donā€™t want to believe he is not here anymore, by my sending him a message everyday, in my head Daniel is on holiday but in my heart I no heā€™s not, done days I am so strong and other day the reality of it hits me hard, I would swop places with Daniel in a flicker if I could, I just miss Daniel so must like you do, we are all in this together and this should never have happened to anyone , losing a child is the painful thing in my life, you take care helen