24weeks

I have been reading the heartbreaking posts this morning from people who have lost their sons and daughters and their pain is palpable. It resonates with me because I to feel it after loosing my son. He died in July and I’m now at a point where family have to get on with their own lives, I’ve had to return to work and it’s just me and my daughter when the door closes. I to wonder how I’m going to survive this pain. He was my life, my future. You do feel you have to pretend to be ok because you sense people want you to be ok. But a part of you has died with your child so we will never be the same again. I wish everyone on here love and strength for the coming days x

1 Like

I am so sorry for your loss. I understand how you feel because my daughter died in September. It is a great sadness to have to bear. xx

Thank you lily. I’m sorry you have lost your daughter. I just think life is cruel and there are no answers. I miss my son so much. It’s good when someone calls to the house, your mood is lifted for a while. But you still always have to return to the same reality, they are gone. I wish you strength lily x

So sorry we find ourselves here. It is so tough. This is the first Christmas without our children and although i told myself it was just a another day it was very hard.
My daughter loved Christmas. I miss her so much. It is so raw.
Wishing us all peace and love to get through this time.
Xxx

1 Like

Hi Orchard, my daughter died in October. I find myself being resentful of others who are celebrating with family. She was my only child and I feel like it is so final.

Hi Orchard, my daughter died in October. I find myself being resentful of others who are celebrating with family. She was my only child and I feel like it is so final.

Hello Susan, I am so very sorry, that is heartbreaking. It’s very early days for you and everything will feel so raw. The journey ahead of you will be difficult and like all of us it is one you have to make. I look at others who have lost children but are further along with their journey and tell myself that if they are still living there must be a way forward eventually. What happened your daughter, was it a sudden death?

Hi Orchard,

Thanks for replying. She had been unwell but death wasn’t expected so yes. It does feel raw and lonely, it feels as if Boone really understands or worst that I am contaminating people with grief.

Don’t be afraid to talk to people. You need to express your grief not bottle it up. Some people don’t know what to say and some are afraid of saying the wrong thing. People on here know exactly what you’re going through so keep posting here at least. It will take a lot of time though, there is no answer, just we have to find a way of living a life without our children. I still don’t know how I’m going to do that. I just get through each day. Love to you x

Thank you, it just helps to know I’m not alone x