3 months today.

Today it has been 3 months since my lovely Dad left this world, in some ways it feels like a lifetime ago, in some ways it feels like its only just happened. I miss him so much, life has continued as it always does, but that is so bittersweet. It is my birthday next week and I cant believe he wont be there. This time last year he was well. He hadn’t even been diagnosed with cancer. I wish so very much I had known it would be the last birthday I spent with him.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s just over 2 months since I lost my Dad and he too hadn’t yet been diagnosed with cancer this time last year. Our birthdays and other special occasions will not be the same.

1 Like

Its so hard, every day we have to continue on. I miss him so very much. My daughter thinks he wouldn’t have wanted me to know it would be my last birthday with him, because I would have been different, maybe she is right. Xx

1 Like

Yes I think she is right. He would have wanted to protect you. It’s so hard continuing without them isn’t it? I don’t know if I will ever regain my zest for life again.

2 Likes

I wont say it gets easier as time goes on. you just learn how to get through your day by thinking ‘I’m making them proud, he wouldnt want to see me like this’. its been 5 years next month when I lost my dad at the age of 39. and there’s still days where anniversaries come up and I’m like ‘I wish dad was here’ ‘my dad’s not here to see me happy’. but i always think ‘he would want me to live my life to the fullest’. you just learn how to handle your days and remember the good times. I hope this helps! x

4 Likes