3 suicides in family

At the end of 2020 I lost my dad,mom and sister to suicide. Mom and dad on the same day,sister a few weeks before. I haven’t been able to grieve as my partner is unsupportive, my friends are great but I feel I’m putting to much on them. I work alot and my shifts are all over the place so can’t physically have grief counselling. There isn’t much grief counselling In my area any way.

I only have my brother now and he lives quite far away and i don’t feel i can talk to him about any of it for different reasons. I can’t look at photos and I have to avoid alot of music as it’s just too painful. I feel a huge amount of guilt, I feel like giving up. I feel lost and scared and I’m worried that because I’ve had to bottle it all up and not think about it. It will all come out in an explosion one day, especially as I’m diagnosed with several mental illnesses too.

This place is maybe the last place to try to get support as other places I’ve asked for support from that my gp recommended have never got back to me. Not sure what else to do.

Hi Felixloo

Welcome to the community. I’m so sorry for the loss of your mum, dad and sister to suicide. It sounds like it’s been a very hard time for you and you’re struggling to find the support you need. It’s really good that you have shared how you are feeling here, and I’m sure you will find lots of support from the community.

Sue Ryder also offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home around your own time scales. There’s more information about this service here: sueryder.org/counselling.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area. We have also recently launched a Grief Self-Help Service, which provides articles and interactive tools to help you cope with grief. If you’re interested in understanding more about grief and how you can manage it, please visit selfhelp.sueryder.org.

You deserve care and support so please do use these services if you think they’d help, and continue talking here, the community is here for you.

Take good care, Rhi

Hi felixloo what a dreadful time you have had to go though losing 3 members of your family is just awful my heart goes out to you. It’s so sad your partner isn’t more supportive maybe there struggling too and don’t want to burden you any more. Try taking to your GP again tell them how you are feeling and try and get some help. Take care x

@Felixloo omg your poor thing, I carnt believe what you’ve gone through.
Try listening to podcasts that feature julia samuel, she’s a grief counsellor she’s absolutely amazing she’s on instragrame aswell and has a website. she really helps you make a bit more sense of grief, and she covers grief through suicide aswell.

I’ve just got her audio book to listen to

Sending big hugs, here always for a chat

1 Like