3 years on...

I am wondering if there is any one else out there who is still struggling after 3 years as i am. I hide behind a painted smile and really don’t know how to communicate with people normally any more. Still can’t believe that Pete has gone and we will never do all the every day things we used to do. Feel that this isn’t normal and I should have moved on… Jenny

Hi kingfisher. I’m sure you will soon find out on this site that what you are feeling is very normal. 3 yrs is no time at all. You will always carry round what you are feeling. You will just learn to adapt. How do you move on from loosing a giant in your life. You would probably be abnormal if you did and felt nothing. There are plenty of people on here with exactly the same thought process as yourself. Take care my friend

2 Likes

There IS no normal, there’s simply your lived experience. There isn’t a roadmap for grief that we all travel along at the same time. You loved, love and will continue to love your husband, which is all right and proper. Don’t feel you need to match up to some imaginary graph or chart. You will “move on” and come to terms in your own time. Don’t beat yourself up over it.

P :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dear Jim, thank you so much for your reply. I am having a bad day and the things you said have made me feel a little bit more normal…This grief process is exhausting. Many thanks , Jenny.

3 Likes

Dear Philb, thank you for your reply. Yes you are right… there is no roadmap for grief and I do hope hope that I can move on and come to terms with it all. 50 years is a long time to be together and then find you are without your soulmate.
Thank you again, Jenny

2 Likes