33 year old widow

The subject is something I never thought I’d be saying. I lost my husband last month and I don’t really know what I’m doing but I suppose I’m looking for someone to tell me that it’ll all be okay.

6 Likes

@Ash8982 I’m so sorry for your loss and at such a young age too. I’m sorry I can’t tell you it will be ok. Just go through the motions and get through a day at a time. I lost my husband 8 weeks ago and I’m still struggling badly. There are others on here who are much further down the line and a lot say you learn to live again with time. I really hope so. In the meantime this a great place to chat, rant or ask for help. We are all on the same journey, although our circumstances are all different. Take care

4 Likes

Sorry you find yourself here on this forum but it’s good you have as there is support in here.

What you are going through is unique to you but grief is shared by us all and we understand how you are feeling.

Will it be ok? Hopefully, eventually. I’m 17 weeks today and it’s been a hard road but I now find I have a life worth living and things to look forward to. I can have a laugh with friends and generally do ok.

Do I miss him, absolutely!! Every minute of every day. I still cry at times too but it’s not all consuming.

I f you need someone, we all here to listen.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for your reply. I’m so sorry for your loss :heart:

I’m so sorry you’re here. You’re so young. I’m 38, I lost my partner of 17 years 10 weeks ago.
I get some days where I think I’ll be ok because I have no choice but to be but these last few days I really want to join him wherever he may be.
I miss him so much, I can’t imagine living the rest of my life without him. I can’t really think about the future right now. I just take it as it goes plodding on a day at a time. What a life :disappointed:

I hope you have lots of family and friends around you for support although I do know the only person in the world you will want is him. Nobody else brings any comfort really do they?

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for your replies. My heart goes out to you all for your losses :heart:

2 Likes

Aw bless you … its awful for us all losing our loved one ! Sorry you have had to join this group but we are all here to listen. So feel free to vent . xxx