36 hours in

I don’t even know where to start or what I want as everything is surreal except for the pain. I know its too early but I suppose I’m just turning everywhere to not feel alone with this. Ant to find a place I can be free to say what I want …

3 Likes

Sam11 To lose a child is the worse thing ever it is surreal.There are no words to explain the feeling .I am a widow lost my son my only child in March this year.You are not alone myself and others understand that pain you are going through.My love and hugs to you Marg x

3 Likes

Marg. To have any pain witnessed, especially by those who get it is a gift and to have a complete stranger take the time to reply is a kindness I value thank you. I know its early and I’m stuck in the wishing and if only’s. hug back xx

Just chat anytime Sam I know your pain will be with for eternity but if you want to talk about it do it freely .It’s so very very hard my love to you xxxx

1 Like

It is the worst pain ever, losing our child, immeasurable & incurable. It does help knowing we are not alone. Sending strength hugs & my heartfelt condolences :broken_heart:

1 Like

Hi Rach Sam the days pass life goes on but not as we knew it.The emptyiness inside is indescribable.I have been watching the news and thinking about the poor parents of the young boys that died in the frozen water.They will now be going through the same horrendous feelings that we are.Its so heartbreaking for those parents as it is for us.I dont know how we get through it I wish I did.I will just get up tomorrow go through it all over again.But sadly we are not alone in our grief.My love and lots of virtual hugs to you all.Marg xxxxx

2 Likes

I lost my son in july 2022 and i am lost since this happened. I cant concentrate or hold information in. Sometimes i think im going mad. Xmas is just round the conor and i dont know how to cope with this as xmas was very important to me as a family. I think about my Aaron when i get up on the morning, all day long and when i go to bed at night. This pain i sm carrying is horrendous. Please can someone help me with this. X

2 Likes

Hello Harry - my daughter died suddenly in January this year. I recognise all the feelings you describe and I’m sure many people on here will also recognise them. I thought I was going mad and the pain was indescribable and the yearning. It’s something no one ‘gets over’ but slowly, slowly there are chinks of light. Moments of respite. It all takes a very long time and it’s very up and down. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It is also, I found, very hard to be kind to myself. No one wanted it to happen and yet it feels like it’s so enormous that someone must be to blame. It makes no sense and yet it’s the reality. Xmas doesn’t help at all. It will come and go tho. I send you hugs and hopes for 2023 that you may find some peace, which you very much deserve. Xxxx

2 Likes

Harry i can’t offer advice as i too am grieving my son who died a few days ago. I am still in shock and dont see a way forward at the moment and am desperately hoping that i can find support here. I understand your pain, it’s like nothing else in your life to lose a precious child. Contact me any time xx

2 Likes

My love hugs and blessings to you all.I am a widow of 12 years so hard without hubby but in March I lost my only beloved child my son.Yes he was 51 but he was still my baby.I totally understand the unbearable pain you are all going through.To lose a child is the ultimate tragedy and I would like to be able to offer good advice but I cant.My son was my life and your children I know would have been yours too.What can we do? Just get up each day and carry on as I know my son would have wanted me to do.But so very hard xxxx x

3 Likes

My much-loved son died this year, too, after three years of hope. He received marvellous treatment for a brain tumour and we had every hope he would survive. But it grew back, and he died in April 2022.
The loss of a child is the worst pain anyone could have to bear. I know that everyone on this site is grieving and we are all trying to support each other as we learn to live with broken hearts.
Thanks to all of you for sharing, and I wish peace and kindness to you all. :broken_heart: :broken_heart:

3 Likes

Im sorry for you losing your son too. The pain it leaves behind is horrendous. I dont think i could carry on if it wasn’t for my son that i have left. Xx

1 Like

I hear you. My remaining son is struggling too though.

1 Like

Im so sorry to hear that you lost your son too. I understand all the pain that you are carrying. To lose a child is horrendous. Im always here if you want to talk and share your feelings. Maureen

1 Like

I wish none of us were in this group, a group that no-one wants to be part of. It’s just not right, it’s out of the natural order. Our hearts are not supposed to be broken in this way, our minds confuse us…how can this possibly be real, the rollercoaster of feelings are endless, I believe periods of numbness are there to protect us, tiny moments of much needed respite. I’m so sorry for all of us that walk this devastating path. Trying to be strong for our other children/partners/family is utterly exhausting, inability to sleep properly effects our coping too. Sending warm hugs to all :broken_heart::heart:

1 Like

Rach yes its not the order of things.This forum is so helpful to be in touch with others devastatingly going through the same grief.Sleep doesnt come easy but we can put our feelings down at any time of the day and it helps.Love to all xxxxx

2 Likes