4 months today

My husband took his life 4 months today. This week we had the inquest which dragged up all the awful memories of that dreadful day.
The pain, hurt, sadness and grief is overwhelming. Its like i am walking around with a huge weight on my head. I hurt so much. I think about him constantly. My life will never be the same again and i am just so sad

6 Likes

Hi @Amanda1965 ,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

Take good care,
Alex

1 Like

Amanda,
I am so sorry for your loss. My husband passed away unexpectedly about 4 months ago, so I can relate to your pain.
All we can do is take one day at a time. When we feel upset or mad express your feelings on this site. This has helped me during my grief.

1 Like

if he took his life, I hope you are getting counseling. loss and then in this way, is something very deep. my sympathies. :heart:

Hi, yes my husband did take his life. We had the inquest this week which dragged up all the memories of that awful day. Easter has also been hard as there are so many memories of happy times with the family.
I am taking one day at a time but this weekend has been a real struggle for me. I am just feeling so sad :disappointed: xxx

Amanda, That’s all we can do is take one day at I time. All of these “firsts” are a stuggle. I’ve started to journal all of my feelings. I never was one to journal, but it helps me express my guilt and fears. Any support groups near you?

1 Like

Hi i do not know of any support groups near me. I work in a school so its hard to get time off in the day but i do have the holidays :blush: i am seeing the school counsellor for informal sessions which has really helped. Sorry to hear about your husbands passing away. My Steve passed away on 30th November. Its so hard to cope with the sudden huge change to your whole life and get used to the “new normal” thanks for your message and support xxx