5 long months

Hi everyone, I lost my husband 5 months ago - 4 days and everyday is a chore. I cannot get my head around being alone and sorting his things out as I seem to be in a constant mist.
I have tried, when he was suffering, to find a Carers Group locally; now he is no longer with me I can’t find a Bereavement Group.
Has anyone else suffered doubly like this?
Just a phone call or a meet up I think would share the load of bereavement.
Has anyone else found that “the more she looked, the more it wasn’t there” suffered from lack of services in their area. Is there anything here? Love to you all, Sandi

Hi
I’m in County Durham and I’ve looked to see if there are any groups in the area but can’t find any.
I’ve found talking on here with people who are going through the same thing and understand helpful so I think a group to meet people in person would be good x

Hi @SandiK, welcome to the community – we’re so sorry for the loss of your husband. We echo what @Barbara61 has said in that we hope you find support here, but we understand how important it can be to connect with others in real life too.

You might want to take a look at the At A Loss website. Here you can search for support in your local area. I can see from your profile that you’re based in Somerset, and there’s a few options there you might want to explore. @Barbara61, you may want to take a look, too.

This might not be what you’re looking for right now, but we offer online bereavement counselling. Sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling

We hope this is helpful; we’re glad you’ve found us, please do keep reaching out.

Take care
Seaneen