5 years today since my brother passed away

Hi everyone,

My first time posting here. I’ve had four close family bereavements in this 5 years so it’s really complex. I’m not sure how to cope today. I used to drink to get through this day every year but realised I was escaping my feelings. I’m sober this year and not sure what I should do today. 5 full years without my brother :broken_heart:

1 Like

Dear @Victoriaann

I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with it being the 5th anniversary of your brothers passing. I see that you are new to the Community, I hope the forum will be of support and comfort to you.

There is a blog by Sue Ryder called Loss of a Sibling which may be of help to you. When you are ready it worth taking a read.

I would like to share a few resources with you that may help you right now.

Thank you for bravely reaching out, it is not always easy to do this, you are not alone, we are all here to support you.

Take care.

Pepsi

Today marks 5 years since my younger Sister left this Earth. The pain remains and life without her has never been the same. I lost not only a Sister but also a soul mate, best friend and confidant. I get tired of people saying it gets easier, because for me it has not. It seems everyone has moved on, and I feel alone in my relentless grief. A part of me is missing. Thank you for providing this forum. A Very Sad Sister

2 Likes