8 months

Ita coming up on 8 months
And im really really struggling
I’m coming round to the fact that life without her has no meaning. My kids are trying there best but
I just don’t see a way out of this .
I love my kids and grandkids so much
But when there not here all I see is an empty space we’re she use to be and its slowly killing me
Am not sure how long I can go on pretending that I’m fine when I’m truly not it’s 5 o’clock in the afternoon and I’m just lying in bed with a photo of her and her night dress crying .every day is a struggle
Which I don’t have the strength for .
I have idea what to do .


Hi Fred, I’m really sorry for your loss, losing your soulmate is awful and nobody understands if they haven’t been through it themselves, Have you considered counselling? It really sounds as if you need some extra help to get through this, it might help to see or at least speak to your GP as well, sending love and hugs Jude xx

I know what you mean. The only reason for me being here is for my two children. The rest of ‘life’ is just getting up, going to work, coming home to an empty house, going to bed and starting all over again. It takes so much effort to just do that, it’s exhausting. I have never known adult life without my husband - we were one. I just keep putting one foot in front of another - I don’t know what else we can do. Take care

1 Like

Hi Fred,

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your wife. It sounds as though things are very tough and you are feeling really overwhelmed.

It sounds like you’re looking for support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. There are lots of other support options out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

You deserve care and support so please, Fred, get in touch with one of these services.

Take care,


1 Like