A bad day

Today started out ok went swimming and enjoyed it but when I got home a van clipped the back of my car. There were 3 workman who I argued with for a while before the tears came. There is not much damage to the car thankfully just paint scraped. I came in the house upset and my neighbour came and stayed until I got myself calmed down. Just feel so vulnerable and it brings it home about having to deal with everything myself now when things like this happen. My daughter offered to finish work early to be with me when I told her but I didn’t want her taking time off work. I’m seeing her later. Still feeling fragile the tears are not far away. Just another thing to test me on this awful journey.

4 Likes

Barbara I understand when our husbands were still with us we solved things together a was crying over blocked sink as John would have sorted it take care annie x

2 Likes

It just seems to push us over the edge when things go wrong. Like you we used to deal with everything together. Xx

2 Likes

Dear Barbara61

Loosing our loved ones generate so many emotions we never thought possible. Vulnerabilty, fear, anxiety sit alongside heartbreak and devastation. Making decisions or facing challenges such as you describe always lands up in tears. Our loved ones were always there to lend support/advice and as you say this is just an awful journey now. Take care.

6 Likes

Thank you Sheila. It shocked me how much of a meltdown I had but once again have to pick myself up and try and have a better day tomorrow xx

3 Likes

You WILL have a better day tomorrow Barbara. It’s just so sad, our lovely husbands helped with everything and would support us with problems which seem overwhelming to us now.
I got SO stressed trying to opening the fuse box the other night when the lights went out. So silly as I’ve done it before, seemed such a difficult job now due to my brain fog.

Take care Barbara, tomorrow is another day xx

1 Like

Thank you Janey. It’s taken me so much by surprise how overwhelming everything seems. Like you things I used to do all the time seem so difficult now. I was looking after everything the last 3 years as mark was poorly with cancer but he was here to talk things through and I so miss that xx

3 Likes

,we did barbara we can do it we learnt from the best went to town today get my hair cut got anxiety but once I was out of door I coped you take care lv annie x

1 Like

So glad you managed your haircut ok Annie. Our jobs will get easier to cope with as we go along hopefully.
As you say, we learned from the best.
Take care, Janey xx

We did Janey a pushed myself through front door and got there home know it’s hard but we have to do things lv annie x x

1 Like

Morning ladies
Yes we do have to push ourselves to do things. If you do like going for your hair appointment it does makes you feel better once you’ve done it. I know mark wanted me to get on with my life he told me in a letter he left for me and sure your husbands would want the same for you. Onwards and upwards….we’ll do our best anyway xx

1 Like

Barbra a2week before john passed said you stay with our children and grandchildren up to you know and your strong enough you always remember that I try so hard to keep to his wishes but some days it’s so hard but will keep on going lv annie x

My feelings exactly Annie. Take care xx