A Bad Day

@Mike75
I understand what y ou mean when you say that about the new clothes your wife brought for the holiday. We had a holiday in June and my husband brought himself a couple of shirts while we were there. He really liked them but sadly never got to wear them. They are in his wardrobe still.
I admire the way you have been sorting out your wife’s ckothes, I just can’t do that yet, even looking at them makes me cry.
Sending love x

2 Likes

@KarenF
What a lovely idea. You are very talented.
I love the bears, think the idea is brilliant and am going to look and see if Ican get one made.
Xx

2 Likes

@Alir I’m so sorry for your recent loss. I lost my wife in October. I think we all have different things that affect us. I cannot watch TV programmes we watched together, look at old photos or go to places we went together a lot just for fun. Today I have just come out of full meltdown having to choose a plaque for a memorial bench I have ordered for my wife. Whatever the trigger I guess the tsunami of emotion is the same. Love and hugs.

@Alir
I didn’t make the bears but a friend who runs this website did them for us.

They are quite expensive but all individually made with the fabric strengthened for longevity.

There will be other places too I’m sure.

I made the quilts as that is something I have done for family in the past. Still one more to make which I planned in my head when I couldn’t sleep last night!

Yes I found that upsetting. I cleared my husband’s car out after he died and found. Brand new pair of jeans he had had shortened and only collected them the day before he went into hospital never to come out alive again. He had got a load of new clothes because he looked scruffy and he was hoping to wear them. I tried the jeans on myself but I need to get slimmer. We buried him in a brand new shirt and decent trousers and a nice jacket so he would look nice in his coffin. I had to go alone to say good-bye as no one else wanted to but I did the same with my parents and my Stillborn. In some ways alone you can do what you like. Not getting stopped by by one else. I feel what a waste of all these lovely clothes he never wore. He said he didn’t think he would be here when I wanted to go somewhere for our golden wedding anniversary and he was right.

2 Likes