A Broken Heart (Poem by Jenna More)

Hello Jenna
What a wonderful poem which I keep on reading. Woke today to another sad day and the tears won’t stop. Reading the poem hasn’t stopped the tears but helps me know there are so many of you who understand how I feel. I am sad that some in my family have stopped coming to see me as often now because they believe I should get on with my life and forget the past. I would rather stay on my own and not see them because of their attitude towards me. I am so unhappy and now I don’t have family support. Thank you all for your postings. I get support from reading your postings and I get more from you all than I do from family so I am grateful to all of you. Love Carol

2 Likes

Oh Carol
I’m sorry to hear that the family have stopped coming to see you as the time goes in you need it just as much it’s been 14 months now and yes family and friends do joy keep in touch it is just as hard as we realise that this is the life we are left to live and it is a struggle with out our love one beside us hard to find the purpose it’s worse pain and journey ever
Sending you a hug thinking if you xx

Dear Rose 45
Thank you for your lovely message. I appreciate it. As far as family are concerned Geoff had his life and I am expected to carry on as before. I can’t and I don’t want to. I was with Geoff for 52 years and he will always be my life. You are all so kind and I really appreciate the messages you send. My family are all just getting ready to attend the games starting here next week . That is their priority. I would be totally lost without you all on this site. I read all the postings every day which are sent in. In strange way I feel more caring from everyone on the site than from family. Now Geoff has gone I am just so alone. So thanks again Carol

I mention my husband in conversation. It is normal for me and I talk as if he is still here. To me he is. I talk to him about my day to stay connected. People look at me when I talk about him as if to say he’s dead why are you talking about him as if 21 years can be wiped away in 15 months. He is my life and I love him. The love does not stop because he has died. He’s in my heart my head my soul. I miss him. Life can never be the same. I’m expected to carry on as if nothing has happened. Family and friends think I’m doing well. They don’t want to see my grief and sorrow it makes them feel uncomfortable. I’m am a good little actress and when I’m on my own I cry and remember. It will come to everyone and I hope at that time I will show understanding x

2 Likes

Hello Nel
I think what you do is completely normal
I talk to my late husband all the time and I think it is completely normal. He was, and still is, my best friend so I am not going to stop. I have some family who think I am mad doing this, but I think they are are wrong. I was with my husband for 52 years and he always gave me right advice so why should I stop talking to him now. Take care. Love from Carol

1 Like

How true I agree we can not be expected to get over the loss of out soul mate my husband has been my life 45 years married I talk to him all time just so lost as he does not answer I miss him so so much every one is busy getting on with there lives as we would be if they was with us it’s life changing one we do not like it’s so painful and lonely with them not by our side isn’t it
Thinking of you all xxx

1 Like

Hello Rose 45
I agree with you completely. It wouldn’t be normal to forget him or never talk to him. I am completely lost and lonely. I don’t have people visiting me so I talk to him just like I always have done. I am so sad and lonely I need to talk to him and usually I know what he would advise me to do. Carol

1 Like

Dear @Carol21, @Rose45, @Nel, I totally agree with you. Feel the same way, this is the only way I manage to carry on and keep my sanity. My husband is still here, we will always be married, we will always love each other and be together in eternity, no matter what. I have long conversations with him, asking for advice, suggestions, approval, and yes, he also always had the right answers. After all, isn’t this partly the meaning of “soul mate”, forever together, even if not physically,a profound special bond that is unseparable and unreplaceable.
Sending hugs you.

Morning Solast
You have put that so well I feel the same waking each morning with out being able to have his touch is so painful and it’s hard to be positive when really you just want to be with him I hope it’s not too long thanks for messaging sad we have to be on here to speak to others who are going through this pain hope you find the day will bring a smile and little less pain for a few hours
Take care all xx

1 Like